FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just SBRed my 16S, took it out to shoot and it was phenomenal, excellent accuracy for a 10.3" barrel, no cycling issues, etc. The only thing that bothered me was the factory flash hider that comes on the 10" barrel rang like a tuning fork after every bolt closure or shot. I wear Sordin active earpro so it amplifies the ringing. Drove me nuts. So when I got home, I took the barrel back off, clamped it, removed the FH, and installed the PWS brake that came on the original 16" barrel. (I know this will be loud) My question is, has anyone else done this? After looking at the angle of the brakes baffles, it looks severe enough that if there is enough unburnt powder, it could go right back into my front hand on the AFG on the bottom rail, and if Im not wearing gloves, that would suck.

Figured Id check before i singe the hair on my wrist....

Anyone tried this?

·
Registered
498 Posts
A brake on an SBR will be very loud. Just get one of the SWR Specwar flash hiders:

SWR Specwar Flash Hider | Silencer Shop

I have one on my SCAR 16 and it does not ring at all. It's more affordable than the AAC options which do ring, and it will also allow you to mount any of the the SWR Specwar or Saker cans in the future if you wanted to.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts