FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what's you guys take on active wear type pants(I'm avoiding using the word tactical)? Or shorts since summers on its way?

Propper STL 2 look pretty nice but I can find any reviews.
I've got some old ExOfficios that won't quit, but they're not to firearm oriented from what I can tell.

Gussetted crotch and lightweight material are a must-I'm pretty stocky most average pants make me feel like my thighs are sewed together!

So for shooting and just general wear what's out there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
Arcteryx makes some nice pants and shorts. I would like to pick up something like this, but at the end of the day just some good ol khaki shorts works for me.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
I wear propper pants and my only issue is the back pockets are too damn deep

Reactions: Rattyxj00

·
Registered
602 Posts
I hear proper clothing loses it's "color" from multiple washes in your laundry. Is this true? I was going to get some from them in multicam but I bought a new safe instead. I figured I needed that more and I could do more research in the meantime.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Nothing with cargo pockets. I'm led to understand that the pockets cause egregious militarization and merely wearing them violates the civil rights of others.

Denim (pants and shorts) works for me.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Arcteryx makes some nice pants and shorts. I would like to pick up something like this, but at the end of the day just some good ol khaki shorts works for me.
I have a collection ArcTeryx clothing. Very durable, well made, and the fit is good too. I will caution that ArcTeryx tends to be constructed for the more athletically built.

·
Vendor
1,764 Posts
If you shoot competitively, such that you are prone on the firing line, 6 feet from the next guy who is spewing very hot brass in your direction, shorts only seems like a good idea up till the point where you catch a piece of brass on bare skin ....

Check out Duluth Trading Company. They make several models of pants with an extra gusset sewn in the crotch. Expensive, but I like them better than any others I own.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I have had Blackhawk, 5.11, Propper, and Vertx. Roomiest were BH. 5.11 fit me best and have been most durable. Propper faded and are tighter than the first 2. Vertx did not fit well for me. Tight through the seat and thighs. They look the best though.

·
Registered
80 Posts
One more for Duluth Trading Co.

Their flex-fit fire hose pants are the shiznit. But the cargo pockets are a little flat so if you want the bigger pockets you have to buy the flex-fit fire hose cargo pants at like $75 a pop.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The new 5.11 Stryke pants are very nice. They are more form fitting than traditional BDU style pants and even the regular 5.11 style cargo pants. They have elastic in the waist and the material is stretchy. The back pockets are much nicer in that they don't allow your wallet etc drop down to the back of your knee.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I approve the gear from Triple Aught Design and Crye Precision.

Reactions: Rattyxj00

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Ain't seen that attire on the range, yet.

But it does look comfortable.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts