FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, it's been asked but what does everyone feel is currently the best sling for the Scar?

Pix Please

Thanks!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies. So what all do I need here? The sling and then the second piece is to create a one point sling but the thing is, I don't see any quick releases??

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
Thanks for the replies. So what all do I need here? The sling and then the second piece is to create a one point sling but the thing is, I don't see any quick releases??
I would check out thier site and pick what sling best suites your end needs; whether that be one point, two point, or a combination of both. Possibilities are endless really. I run my padded vcas thought a PMM QD mount at the front and then through the buttstock loop in the rear. You can achieve all kinds of mounting options with Blue Forces wide variety of gear.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
I like Urban ERT slings - I have used them on many different rifle platforms.

But, I don't have the default one that goes thru the built in sling mounts. I ordered different connection points.

My current setup on a SCAR 16:

And, I can quick disconnect it anytime I want - only have that small piece left on the rear of the stock when there is no sling on it:

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I like Urban ERT slings - I have used them on many different rifle platforms.

But, I don't have the default one that goes thru the built in sling mounts. I ordered different connection points.

My current setup on a SCAR 16:

And, I can quick disconnect it anytime I want - only have that small piece left on the rear of the stock when there is no sling on it:

I am currently running one of these on my SBR PS90 and on my AR type guns I am running a Magpul MS1 style setup with some quick disconnects. Maybe rather than buying a whole other sling, I should think about building off one of those if it is easy enough to move from one gun to the next? I know currently I am using my Magpul sling with 3 different guns, no problem... So. Maybe I should build of the ERT for the Scar.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I like the Savvy Sniper and Vickers padded set ups. Not sure I needed one, since they don't get too much use these days.

Savvy Sniper

·
Registered
660 Posts
I too am a Padded Blue Force Gear guy - but I love to have all my rifles with QD attachments and none were on the SCAR sooo.....

Attachments

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
I am currently running one of these on my SBR PS90 and on my AR type guns I am running a Magpul MS1 style setup with some quick disconnects. Maybe rather than buying a whole other sling, I should think about building off one of those if it is easy enough to move from one gun to the next? I know currently I am using my Magpul sling with 3 different guns, no problem... So. Maybe I should build of the ERT for the Scar.
Might be a good idea, if you do not plan to use more than 1 gun at a time. I came very close to doing this myself, but decided to just get the extra sling. But, it will work if you wanna go that route

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
I have the blue force and like it

urban ert also makes scar slings. I have it for my storm and ps90 and they seem pretty good so wouldn't doubt it would be good for scar also

1 - 20 of 41 Posts