FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a question-- in the video link, the promotes first item is a "stock replacement latch" anyone know where you can find this? What the correct term for it is??? Midwayusa.com -- can't find it there??- thanks for reply, I'm trying to replace plastic versions that come with gun from factory.

·
Registered
8,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep, it's easy trouble. My latch broke when bungee chording my folded stock scar to my ATV rack and riding hard. Simple solution but not cheap.

Huhm- bigbuckeye-- I'm halfway expecting it to break, thought I would get on the preemptive side of it. Was it hard to pop out? It is an expensive piece. I be been reading up on the vltor stock, I may just change both. I've actually not even shot mine yet- so I don't know how it feels- but I don't care for the rattle.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Troubles, I got one for my 16 but I haven't folded and unfolded my 16 or 17 enough to see if it's really a problem for me. I know in the initial scar testing stage with the military they had breaks. It's very easy to install btw. I'll probably just get one for the 17 eventually too.

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
So can you just slap it open with the aftermarket latch or do you still have to push it in?
You have to still depress the button, the aftermarket maybe upgraded to a stronger material but the stock knuckle that the latch locks into is still polymer and can still broken if the latch is slammed into it.

·
Registered
8,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You have to still depress the button, the aftermarket maybe upgraded to a stronger material but the stock knuckle that the latch locks into is still polymer and can still broken if the latch is slammed into it.

Wow ow your right-- good point.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts