FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading the xcr board and someone mention that during the NRA con. the FN rep. said that their shooting for Scar-L for 4th and maybe '09 @ the price of ...........$2995? :( Was just wonder if there was anyone here who was at the NRA con. who could confirm or deny this. I could see the date being pushed back since the ACR was also pushed back but $3000?! I really hope it's not true.

·
Registered
350 Posts
it is an FN product so i can see that being semi accurate

it will prolly come equipped with "civilian version" plastic parts

·
Registered
520 Posts
good lord! i thought they were talking a hair over the $1500 mark?

no offense to FN, but $3000 is just insane. :-?

·
Registered
630 Posts
if obama gets elected we won't have to worry abut how much they cost we won't be able to buy them

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was at the convention and went by the FNH site and looked at the Scar L and H many times. I talked to two different reps and both told me different stories on price and release dates. I was there Fri and Sat and just before I left I had to look at them one last time. Wile fondling the H. I heard one of the reps telling a guy a price and time of release that was still different again from what i already heard so i asked him and he said that In truth "they just don't know. They're just there to show the product and they don't know release dates and prices."

It was great to get my hands on one finally but I'm scared to death It won't make it to us civies before some new law comes along to out law them.

CAMO.

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
When I went to the FN Writes Shoot and got shoot it, the "in" people told me Septemeber release date. No price - I find the $3,000 tag a bit premature and speculative.

-TH

·
Registered
630 Posts
I just paid 2500 for a barrett REC7

·
Registered
94 Posts
I was reading the xcr board
I think we found the problem right there...

Frankly, I wouldn't put a lot of stock in what they say regarding the SCAR... After all, the SCAR is what the XCR only wishes it could be.

I'm not too worried about the price. We've got months to go before we see them hit the market. By that time, the Masada/ACR will also be a player as will the Steyr AUG A3. I suspect we'll see the SCAR L hit the market for a sum just south of $2K and the H for a bit more perhaps.

Keep in mind, the SCAR is purported to be manufactured entirely in the US. Therefore, we won't have any exchange rates or import duties screwing us.

Take a look at how relitively affordable the FNPs are in comparison with the likes of HK & SIG. I would suspect we should see a similar cost/value ratio applied to the SCAR.

OTOH, there are probably going to be a fair number of unscrupulous vendors who will be price gouging during the initial release. But there are at least a couple known distributors out there who won't be playing that BS game.

I say, remain confident and vigilant... Save your $$$ for the SCAR... Enjoy the summer... Q4 is right around the corner.

·
Registered
350 Posts
anyone ever hear the expression

"if theres no pricetag its too much"

apply here, cry, and buy something else

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I currently have a POF gas piston AR15 on the way. If the Scar-L comes out at $2000.00 or below I'll get 2 but if not then I'll just get something else.

·
Registered
12 Posts
XCR on SCAR

I couldn't have said it better.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
if they want $3000 or higher for it, i may reconsider....

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
i`m guessing it would be around the same price as the fs-2000 maybe the scar-H might be a bit more, but for 3000 i`ll just get me a h&k 94 or a semi auto AUG

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
ill just buy another ps-90 or a fs2000! :p

·
Registered
95 Posts
Wait and see if the price doesn't settle down after a few months after the initial release. Hell look what happened to the price of Model 29's right after the movie Dirty Harry came out back in 1971. There was a pistol that had reached the lofty retail price of $175.00 prior to the movie and two weeks later you couldn't buy one for anything under about $400.00.

I'm going to wait a while. And not to give them time to work out the bugs or anything. I'm not worried about that. It's just the pricing settle out is what I'm thinking about. I hope no good action movies come out around that time with a SCAR as the star of the movie.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Can't wait!! I WILL have one regardless of the price mind you i would spend 10k but in the 5k range...COUNT ME IN!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts