FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you fellow SCAR16 owners try out the MK262 type loads ?
Looks to be a very accurate load from the few reviews I've seen.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yup. Got a case of the IMI stuff from Widner's last year. Took the SCAR16 to a basic sight in at 50/100/200 and 300. Used iron sights, then a Leupold MKII scope and finally an old OKO red dot. Phenomenal. This ammo shoots very flat. Sighting in the OKO at 100 yds to where it's dead on shooting a 2" shoot n cee, we hit metal plates 8"X12" at 200 and 300yds. The OKO is mounted very forward on the rail. Very fast. We were amazed how the impact area on the plate was the same at 200 and 300 without the need for adjustments keeping in mind it was zeroed at 100. Extremely impressed with this ammo. We'll be shooting things once the snow is gone up here.

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
Any of you fellow SCAR16 owners try out the MK262 type loads ?
Looks to be a very accurate load from the few reviews I've seen.
It can be (depending on who loaded it) very accurate round, it was originally designed by BlackHills Ammo to be used with the SPR/MK12 rifles which are 18" barrel rifles. It's a "match" round that uses a 77-grain Sierra MatchKing bullet that is more effective at longer ranges than the standard issue M855 round.

There was two versions, the first being the MK262 Mod0 that did not have the cannelure, the Mk262 Mod1 had a different powder which was less temp sensitive and the cannelre was added to ensure that the projectile would not move back into the case and cause a malfunction during auto-load feeding.

I have shot very little of mine through my SCAR16 since I keep it for my precision 18" and 20" AR's but it and the SCAR16 did very well and also very well with Fed GMM 77gr.

·
Registered
230 Posts
i went with the IMI stuff from Widner's too. I want to compare my results with both the IMI and the 77-grain Sierra MatchKing side by side in the near future up to 700 yards to see what I can do.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Another alternative is the CBC stuff, just over half the cost of Black Hills and about 75% of the IMI. It has had favorable reviews as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts