FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know about the Scar17 suppressor issues with blowback causing failed bolt carriers and receiver screws (which I’m addressing with a new RSTA suppressor), but is there issues with running the Scar16 suppressed. I’m currently running an AAC m4-2000 suppressor on a cqb 10” Scar16. Do or should I change gas jets? Or is it good to go on this platform.

Thanks in advance,

Erk

·
Registered
340 Posts
I run mine suppressed, but not all the time.
my barrel was cut, a Silencerco ASR brake pinned and welded by PMM to a total overall length of 16 1/4”.
it came back with a 1.5 gas screw installed and a larger spare (1.6) and the stock (1.4).
it is gassey, but Jarod at PMM said the Omega suppressor that I have causes a bit more gas back towards me. I asked why a larger gas screw and he replied that a shorter barrel needs it for “dwell” time.
I will probably, some time soon see if smaller gas screws will allow the 16S to reliably function as well as reduce the rearward gas.
time will tell and of course YMYV.
Doug

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have the SCAR 16 and run it with the M4-2000 without issues as long as the gas regulator is set on suppressed.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Meh. seems I double posted in this thread.

Results are the same, though. No issues suppressed after ~10K rounds on a 16 in either semi or select fire.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts