FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I shoot a Scar17. I have other .308 rifles, but I prefer my Scar way above every other.
For a thermal scope I have an armasight/ Flir Zeus 600. The company would not say if shooting it on a Scar was too much recoil. Does anyone know if the Zeus will stand up to time on the 17?

·
Premium Member
1,354 Posts
If it were me, I would do one of two things...

Mount it on the SCAR and shoot it. Then, if it malfunctions, claim under warranty and decide whether I want to disclose that it was mounted on a SCAR 17, or claim it was on a bolt action. :devilish:

Second option would be to play it safe and not mount it on the 17. 👼

That's a lot of money to risk destroying, especially if they would be unwilling to stand behind any warranty stating that it is not SCAR rated. As Lester says, check the companies warranty policy.

That's some help, eh?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Call Armasight/FLIR and ask the specific question. [FLIR OUTDOOR & TACTICAL SYSTEMS 815 Dubuque Avenue, South San Francisco, CA 94080 Phone: 1-888-959-2259 or (650) 492-7755 ]
Armasight/FLIR does say, "capable of withstanding 20 meters immersion for 2 hours and engineered for routine use with 0.50 BMG weapon shock and recoil ".
Yes, the recoil of a 50BMG rifle and the SCAR 17S are not the same from a physics perspective, but it s at least one data point.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I certainly would not. The FLIR Zeus 600 has been discontinued by by Armasight and I have been told they can no longer even service it. If it breaks Armasight can not/will not even repair it. I would call and double check but that is what I heard.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts