FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I attended the c&e gun show in hickory nc today. I struck up a conversation with one of the dealers. Of course I asked if he had a SCAR. He told me he just took one in on trade recently, scar17 in black, slightly used but in great shape and would have it at the show tomorrow. He told me he would take $2,000.00 for it. He also spilled the beans and told me he only had $1500.00 invested in it. Unfortunately, as much as I would like to buy it for myself, I just don't have the funds. So, if any of my local SCAR brothers are in the market. I feel sure that $1800.00 cash would buy this gun. I apologize for not remembering the dealers name. However, his location in the building is pretty much front & center of the showroom. Early bird will get this worm. Go get it!!!

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
C'mon stew!!! Charge it and sell a couple pieces to afford it!!

(Barring you don't own one or have the 'pieces' to sale.)

Reactions: Kev

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
McCrapper trust me, I've thought about selling off a few of my firearms to fund the purchase. But with such short notice I don't think I can get it done. Selling guns fast usually means selling cheap and I just can't take the loss. He will have the 17 at the show at 9:00 am...if anyone with any knowledge of the rifle it will be sold fairly quick. I already have a scar16 so it's not like I'm without. I just thought I would put this out there so maybe one of my SCAR brothers could take advantage of this deal.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Damn that's an incredible deal. I would have put that on the credit card and turn around and sold that for 2400-2500.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
McCrapper trust me, I've thought about selling off a few of my firearms to fund the purchase. But with such short notice I don't think I can get it done. Selling guns fast usually means selling cheap and I just can't take the loss. He will have the 17 at the show at 9:00 am...if anyone with any knowledge of the rifle it will be sold fairly quick. I already have a scar16 so it's not like I'm without. I just thought I would put this out there so maybe one of my SCAR brothers could take advantage of this deal.
Well you could sell your 16 and fund the 17 ;) I own both and if you have another reliable 5.56 carbine I'd make the jump to the big boy.

No peer pressure...

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
I attended the c&e gun show in hickory nc today. I struck up a conversation with one of the dealers. Of course I asked if he had a SCAR. He told me he just took one in on trade recently, scar17 in black, slightly used but in great shape and would have it at the show tomorrow. He told me he would take $2,000.00 for it. He also spilled the beans and told me he only had $1500.00 invested in it. Unfortunately, as much as I would like to buy it for myself, I just don't have the funds. So, if any of my local SCAR brothers are in the market. I feel sure that $1800.00 cash would buy this gun. I apologize for not remembering the dealers name. However, his location in the building is pretty much front & center of the showroom. Early bird will get this worm. Go get it!!!
for 2k I might drive down and pick it up.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Helluva deal for whoever does get it. $2K for a Mk 17S? Fugeddaboutit!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hope you get it fullassault. Please let me know if you do. The show is in hickory

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yea, almost sounds to good to be true. Definitely a pick up in person type exchange. I've bought a lot of stuff on Texasguntrader.com, never had a problem, but I always picked them up and never bought anything blind.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
The panic bought safe queens are coming out for sale!

Reactions: Hairlesswookiee

·
Registered
32 Posts
That guy has been listing that scar for almost 2 years. It's a scam. Stay far away.
Hi Kev,

I have been checking out TGT for several years now (like I said earlier bought and sold a lot of stuff on it), never seen this deal posted before. Your saying you have seen this particular ad? Just curious if this guy is asking for some kind of Paypal deposit or what. I guess I am asking how you know it's a scam? I have always met with cash in hand and made the decision to buy only after seeing the item.
Appreciate the heads up.

·
Registered
6,698 Posts
Hi Kev,

I have been checking out TGT for several years now (like I said earlier bought and sold a lot of stuff on it), never seen this deal posted before. Your saying you have seen this particular ad? Just curious if this guy is asking for some kind of Paypal deposit or what. I guess I am asking how you know it's a scam? I have always met with cash in hand and made the decision to buy only after seeing the item.
Appreciate the heads up.
Ive seen those photos quite a few times on TGT and they're always under a different sellers name. He has a couple sets of photos he uses but they always include that FDE grip pod and the TAP ammo. People have posted about him on here before a long time ago. I could be wrong, but I wouldn't mess with that guy. If you try and see if he'll meet let us know what happens.

·
Registered
927 Posts
^^^^^ +1

My wife and I looked at the one that was exposed to be a scam. Those photos look the same and I remember the TAP ammo and the loose ammo. Seems like the scam one had some 45 degree sights on it too. I believe that one does too.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thanks Kev and Spiker, appreciate it. I have always been a firm believer in "if it's too good to be true, someones trying to scam you". Would love to know what his angle is (Paypal most likely). I don't think I'll bother checking it out, besides I just dumped some serious coin on my new (and first) SCAR 17S. It's off getting Cerakoted as we write....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts