FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant beleive no one has said anything about this yet. According to them they had the 1st and only semi version out there so far. They gave it high marks but really didn't go to far in to it. Just alot of shots of them shooting
it. At least we can see a little light at the end of the tunnel now if they got a semi version for testing.

CAMO

·
Registered
630 Posts
I bet that will be the only one on the market. it really stinks when manufactures care so little about the ones that really are paying for them to develop new weapons. we that tax payers are the ones behind it and also we are the ones speaking up for our soldiers safety to get rid of the weak 5.56 a4 m-16 rifle. if it wasn't for our complaints Colt would be the only gun manufacture in America.

it took less time to get the p51 mustang from paper to out the hanger door 171 then it is taking for FN get the civilian model on the street.

FN you want a bigger piece of the governments weapons pie let the civilians get there hands on the SCAR and we will brag to our representatives how much better a weapon it is then the a4

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
coldair said:
I bet that will be the only one on the market. it really stinks when manufactures care so little about the ones that really are paying for them to develop new weapons. we that tax payers are the ones behind it and also we are the ones speaking up for our soldiers safety to get rid of the weak 5.56 a4 m-16 rifle. if it wasn't for our complaints Colt would be the only gun manufacture in America.

it took less time to get the p51 mustang from paper to out the hanger door 171 then it is taking for FN get the civilian model on the street.

FN you want a bigger piece of the governments weapons pie let the civilians get there hands on the SCAR and we will brag to our representatives how much better a weapon it is then the a4
Ironically, it's FN that manufactures the M-16 for the military, colt only has the M-4 contract. So you can't really brag up the SCAR over the M-16 without pissing off FN. :lol:

http://www.fnmfg.com/products/m16fam/

·
Registered
43 Posts
yea um lets see M-240 contract M-249 contract ,MK48 bid, M3M contract , M16A4 cortract . I think FN has the lions share of small arms production.

·
Registered
94 Posts
B52U said:
coldair said:

Ironically, it's FN that manufactures the M-16 for the military, colt only has the M-4 contract. So you can't really brag up the SCAR over the M-16 without pissing off FN. :lol:

http://www.fnmfg.com/products/m16fam/
AND... I heard they'll be gearing up for M4s in the event the military wants to stay with that platform.

FN can't loose! :?

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
scottryan said:
coldair said:
Ironically, it's FN that manufactures the M-16 for the military, colt only has the M-4 contract.

False.

Colt has never not manufactured M16s for the military.
The marines have M16's made be FN, not sure about the other branches though.

·
Registered
43 Posts
djv38 said:
scottryan said:
coldair said:
Ironically, it's FN that manufactures the M-16 for the military, colt only has the M-4 contract.

False.

Colt has never not manufactured M16s for the military.
The marines have M16's made be FN, not sure about the other branches though.

the M16A2 & M16A4's i have been issued have either been Colt or FN,..all of the M4's i have had where Colts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Got a link???

getting back to the original topic ...any body have a link for the "guns & ammo tv" episode talking about the SCAR civi version?? Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts