FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,300 Posts
There are some people around the country that might take offense at you calling that snow.:lol:
Nice pair of scars anyway.:icon_thumbup:

·
Registered
514 Posts
Nice pair of scars there! We have about 2 feet of snow here. As so as it goes down some more I will be taking mine out for the first time.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes, it's mil rad knobs, mil dot reticle. Just need accurate ballistic calculator for which ever ammo your using. I swapped them yesterday and at 100 yards it was 3 in high on the 16. A couple of turns and it was on. I'm new to exposed knobs, but I plan on learning to dial in adjustments using ballistics, rather than relying on holdovers in the reticle.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Looks great! :--(
It seems a lot of guys have 2 SCARs! Is that a MUST in here? Sorry that I am just a SCAR noob, and new in here.
It's all part of the dream, and the sickness. Besides, really it's 4 SCARs you ultimaely have to get. :p Black SCAR 16S + FDE SCAR 16S + Black SCAR 17S + FDE SCAR 17S. Then again if the SCAR (SSR) Mk20 ever goes up for civilian sale, well then you'll need that too, in any colors it's available as! :th_laughing-smiley-

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Nice, but I have to admit I'm a bit disappointed that they are not so much playing IN snow as much as just sitting there with a bit of snow as backdrop.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Nice setups. Do you ever throw that 5.56 reticle Elcan on the 17? Or is it a 7.62 you run on the 16. Thinking about a 16 and an Elcan. I already have a 17 and a NF 2.5-10x42 together.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Part of me wishes I snagged the Elcan 1.5 x6. Do you prefer your current Elcan over the NF? Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying the NF immensely, it is just thinking about the other options I could have went with.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts