FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
4,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A team of experts on religious and civil rights has written to a Pennsylvania school district demanding that references to a suspension be removed from a 10-year-old student’s records after he was punished for shooting an imaginary arrow at a classmate.
The letter from the Rutherford Institute was addressed to Superintendent Rona Kaufmann at the South Eastern School District in Fawn Grove, Pa.
School officials didn’t respond to WND’s request for comment, but the letter from the institute, sent on behalf of student Johnny Jones, makes clear the attorneys believe the situation should have been handled differently.
“We request that you rescind the suspension and immediately remove all reference to it from Johnny’s permanent school record,” said the letter, signed by Rutherford Senior Staff Attorney Douglas R. McKusick.
“There is no reason that Johnny should be stigmatized and branded a miscreant due to the school’s unreasonable application of its zero tolerance policy against him,” he said.
The letter asked for a response by Dec. 13.

Read more at School suspends 10-year-old over imaginary arrow

·
Registered
415 Posts
That's insane.

I have to remind my two kids to not do that since their schools have this no tolerance thing.

Last open house, one of my daughter's (she's 11) teacher asked me if she had a bow and arrow because her classmates were talking about it. She asked me to tell my daughter to not talk about things like that.

Grow up lady. My daughter got a bow for her birthday. I freaked the teacher out when I told her I got her a rifle for her 10th birthday (MP15-22). I told her that my kids have had access to weapons and are responsible.

I'm seriously looking into home schooling.

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
^^^ What??? Our schools here have archery teams as early as middle schools. It's hard to believe that our country has that much of a cultural divide. Well, maybe not.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
This is only because its right on the border to MD (where the teacher undoubtedly lives) and somewhat near Philthydelphia.

PA may be a mostly blue state, but people take their guns, bows, and hunting very seriously.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts