FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive modified an Aimtech rail mount # APM-1R to fit the Five-seven, which requires cutting and removing metal to allow for clearance in several locations, however the front sight is too low for the slide to work. Can anyone tell me if and how the front sight can be removed. This mount will allow for standard scope mounting, thanks, Flagman

·
Registered
3 Posts
Esteves said:
I've done it for a similar project. It's not too difficult, but there's a very small spring under the rear sight that you DO NOT want to lose.

I found a step-by-step elsewhere. [Not my original content, so I won't re-post it here.]

Esteves,
That's a excellent looking scope mount!
Who makes it?
Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Esteves, which scope mount is the one in the pic? as it appears it would fit a 5-7 without all the modification, thanks, Flagman

·
Registered
24 Posts
sight scope

I heard it could be milled of buding a milling machine. I also heard there is a tool for tapping them out. pat

·
Registered
239 Posts
It is pretty easy to remove the front sight. Take the plastic slide cover off and drift the front sight out of it's dovetail. I milled mine down to the level of the slide cover because I did not want a hole left in the cover.

MadDog :?

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
:evil: :evil: :evil:

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
:? :? :?

·
Registered
148 Posts
MadDog,

That's still one of the best site setups I've seen on the FsN, and it really complements the whole package. I'm looking to set mine up just like that. I don't recall whether you posted instructions here originally or on the "other" site? Whichever the case please confirm and I'll search accordingly!

·
Registered
24 Posts
c-more instructions

Madog

Did you ever get a responce on the instructions on how to install the c-more. My gun man can not install mine without instructions. The reason is he is afraid of creating a weakness in the gun that will blowup if I get a hot shot thru it. I plan to use Elite S4 Super Raptor and the military FN that I bought before it was banned. Its because of the material the gun is made out of that make him reluctent to do this. Any info on name make of base and how to snag the spring would be good. If you or anyone else has any info please send it. I am seeing him tomorrow so ASAP. [email protected] this address has only one number in it. There are no zero's in it. Thanks Pat

·
Registered
239 Posts
H2ostone:

I have never seen the C-more that the FN web site talks about. I don't think they are talking about a mini red-dot sight. but rather "fixed, 3-dot sights" made by the C-more company. What I had done to mine with the Burris Fast Fire is a completely different animal than what "I think" they are talking about on FN's web site. The modification I had done left the original, rear, adjustable sight base intact. That was done mainly because of the mag safety spring and because the sight base had to be bolted on "after" the slide cover was re-installed.

MadDog :?

·
Registered
48 Posts
ya know, if one of the sponsors here picked up on a mount adaptor that would allow non-destructive mounting of that site, I would be all over it like stink on poop. Just not willing to tear my slide up hehehe

by the way MadDog, SWEET set up :shock:

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Nice setup indeed. I'm afraid in would snag on things when i carry it :oops:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts