FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what scope base is on the PBR. The one that came on mine is a one piece and looks to be slanted. I am having some trouble sighting in my scope and need to know what base is on the rifle. My scope is marked 1/8 MOA per click but there are 10 clicks between each number. My scope is marked 0-60. I have heard that some of the mounts are 20 MOA already but do not know about mine.

·
Registered
102 Posts
if it says badger ordnance on it, it is most likely a 20MOA base. FN has changed the website for the PBR and it no longer has the specs for the rail. call FN and give them your serial number, they would be able to tell you.

if your scope has 1/8 clicks, i have no idea why it would be 10 clicks between numbers. what is the problem you are having sighting it in?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The scope mount says Near MFG. I checked their web sight and it is a 20MOA mount. Now some sights I have seen have said to dial 20 MOA right away to compesate for the 20MOA mount would this be the same with a 25 MOA I am just sighting my scope in which is a Simons Master Pro 6-21x44 MD SF. I have it sighted in but the windage seems a little extreme. Here is a picture of my current setting. I am also wondering what the value of a complete turn of my turrent is. My turrents are 1/8 MOA for each click. I figured 6MOA for each complete turn of the turrent. Since there are 8, 1/8 MOA in an inch but a MOA is a little more than an inch. Since there are ten clicks between each number on the scope I get 1 MOA. My scope is marked 0,10,20,30,40,50,60.

·
Registered
102 Posts
my advice would be to zero your scope at 100 yds, forget what the markings say for the time being, just get it centered. Then, do the box drill:

shoot once
dial in 3MOA right...shoot
dial in 3MOA up...shoot
dial in 3MOA left...shoot
dial in 3MOA left again...shoot
dial in 3MOA down...shoot
dial in 3MOA down again...shoot
dial in 3MOA right...shoot
dial in 3MOA right again...shoot

this should, when you are done give you a box 6x6MOA with one shot dead center. it is important to aim at the center each time. now, since you are unsure of the click value, whether it be 1/8MOA or some derivation of 10, what I would suggest is instead of 3MOA do 10 clicks and measure the distance at the target. if the box measures 2.5"x2.5" (10x .125=1.25" @100yds....1.25x2=2.5" @100yds) then you know your clicks are 1/8MOA. if the box is some other size, you should be able to mathematically figure out your click value. to find out you would do this, divide the length of the side of the square by 20 clicks...i.e 2.5/20=.125MOA per click

I would advise against dialing up 20MOA right away because you dont know exactly what the values are...at least i dont lol. like i said, bore sight it, zero it at 100 yds then find out your click value. from there you can do anything.

hope this helps

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went back out today to shoot. I had it borsighted again and it was dead on. I shot at 100 yards again and hit where I was aiming. So I guess everything on the turrents is correct elevstion and windage. I am going to call Simmons in the morning and try and get an answer from them about the click values. Thanks for the help on the subject, seems a little more challenging to get help or suggestions on the FN rifles. Maybe oncve more get out in the market people will talk about them more. I love this rifle amd have started to regain my shooting skills taught to me 20 years ago in the Marines. Its back to basic or BRAS with this rifle.

·
Registered
475 Posts
my pbr also has the NEAR rail, 1/8 moa clicks does not sound right, i would say 1/4 moa but definitely give simmons a call and confirm

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I called Simmons and they agreed to replace or repair the scope. They said the turrents are the wrong ones on the scope and since Bushnell bought Simmons, Tasco, and Millet the will not have parts for those brands for about 4 months. The agent said if they replace it they will probally replace it with a Bushnell 3200 7-21x40. Guess I will not be using it for Hogs this Thanksgiving.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts