FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really liking the FNAR 308, so far. I've only had it out to shoot twice, but it's been really great at 100 and 300 yards. More accurate at distance than I would have expected!

To start, I threw a Nikko Sterling 3-12x scope on it, bc it was extra, and just sitting in the closet. The scope holds zero fine, but there isn't enough eye relief. Fortunately, I didn't get any "scope bite", but I since I am going to replace the scope, I thought I'd see what people liked on their rifles.

·
Registered
441 Posts
When I had a FNAR, I looked for the optic that had the longest eye relief and where there was a bit of range in that relief. The rail itself is pretty far forward which comprises eye relief.
I used a Steiner T5Xi 1-5x24 whose eye relief was 3.5”-4.3”.
It worked, just but at 19oz with another 6 oz plus for a decent mount it presented a heavy package.
I’ve still got the scope, but I sold the FNAR.
I would look at pictures in the forum of the scopes mounted on the FNAR and look up their specs and see if they will work for you.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Primary Arms SLx 4-14x44mm FFP Rifle Scope - Illuminated ACSS-HUD-DMR-308/223

Best bang for your buck scope out to 800 yards for 20 inch barrel version if you zero the scope properly for your load data on that .308 Win/7.62 NATO rifle.

You can go crazy fast accurate with practice using this scope if you feed it the match ammo it likes and don't do something obvious to ruin the rifle's accuracy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Primary Arms SLx 4-14x44mm FFP Rifle Scope - Illuminated ACSS-HUD-DMR-308/223

Best bang for your buck scope out to 800 yards for 20 inch barrel version if you zero the scope properly for your load data on that .308 Win/7.62 NATO rifle.

You can go crazy fast accurate with practice using this scope if you feed it the match ammo it likes and don't do something obvious to ruin the rifle's accuracy.
That's awesome. The reticle is a little busy, but I think I can get used to it. Their showroom isn't far from my office. I may have to stop by one day next week.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts