FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an FN SPR XP .308 on the way and trying to figure out which rings to order. I will be mounting a Vortex Viper pst 6-24x50 FFP on it. I really like Larue mounts but the 2 choices are 1.28 inch height or .875 inch. Wish they had something in the middle. What other brand rings would you recommend? I'm looking at the Nightforce ultralite rings (medium). These are 1 inch height. Thanks for any help or advice.

Bennett

·
Registered
117 Posts
The rifle was constructed several yrs ago by a good friend that knew what he was doing. At this time I'm unable to give you the exact dims. due to that I don't have the build sheet in front of me. You will have to do more research in order to get exactly what you will need. I just figure with Badger Ord., you cant go wrong. Good Luck and post pics when you are complete with your project!

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
I'm running Warne Permanent rings with a Leupold Mark 4 6.5-20 x 50. I think you'd be fine with the Nightforce rings. Pretty much any quality rings will do. You'll probably want low or medium (doesn't matter too much since the rifle has an adjustable cheek piece). The Warne rings have suited me quite well. Haven't had any issues with them. Put them on and haven't had to adjust or tighten them.

Reactions: msuben

·
Registered
42 Posts
If you have the money for it, I would recommend the Spuhr mount. That way you don't have to worry about ring alignment at all, plus it has a built in bubble in addition to being built like a tank. I posted a pic in the CDI bottom metal thread, which will show you that particular mount.

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
I debated for sometime as to what to use on mine, I went from Nightforce, Badger, Leupold, and one piece mounts to rings and in the end ended up with these.

TSR 30mm low 7075 Aluminum - TPS Products

Very well made ring set and if you check Brownells they are reasonable.

I'm running a 30mm tube, 50mm objective and these rings made the setup a comfortable combo.

Whatever you buy, just buy some quality rings. You don't have to break the bank and unless you plan on swapping the optic from rifle to rifle I wouldn't spend the money on quick release mounts for a bolt gun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts