FN Herstal Firearms banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Judging by older Posts, I assume that somebody must have gotten theirs by now. Has anybody received one? If so, what are your thoughts? I was interested in this possibility, and would like to have end user input.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Uh well, search is our best friend right now because there are no known cases where the SEAL has been shipped or received so we eagerly wait. The SEAL threads are long I know but thats the deal, we wait and we hope to see one soon.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I am on the list. I have not heard anything as of yet. I am anxious to get one to see if it will function with the X Products 50rd drum magazines.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I spoke to Robert today at Stryker and he said they are hoping to be shipping them in the next couple weeks. At anodizing right now. Pretty much all I know. Hopefully everything goes smooth. Looking forward to reviewing the lower.

·
Registered
556 Posts
If they are still being anodized right now it may be more than a couple of weeks for us that ordered them with the internals installed.
I was just going to say that. My order # is 1023 and I haven't received anything yet by way of email. I think we are looking at late February/early March for deliveries.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
When I last spoke with Jim on 1/14/15 he explained to me the reasoning for the delay in shipment, although not happy about the situation, I had no choice but to except it. I guess this delay would not have been any different than any other backordered product except for one small issue, that being that payment for said product had been made on 9/7/14, that being order date. Not that this put me in any financial hardship but I did not expect to be charged until product was ready for shipment, just because of past practices from other manufactures, that not being the case here. On 1/14/15 Jim did promise me that shipment of the SEAL that I had ordered would ship no latter than five weeks, I took Jim on hid word and excepted the new delivery date to be not longer than 2/18/15, that's today, however I have received no status update on my order or any change in status to my account. I guess the disturbing issue with this in not the fact that I think I'm going to get ripped-off by Jim, because I don't, It's just that a lot of unforeseen things could happen in a five to six month period, Jim knowing this best because of past co. partnerships gone bad. I will just take Jim on his word and hope I take possession of my SEAL sometime today.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Obviously I can't know what Jim told anyone else back in January, but as I recall, I was told that best case scenario, SEALs would start shipping right around now, with the more likely scenario being a few weeks later depending on the final finishing, anodizing, and transit time. I'm feeling pretty good about seeing mine in the next few weeks, since we know they are being anodized. I also tend to think Jim can get those internals assembled pretty quick since he has already had a fair bit of practice.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I know it's tough having to rely on another business to do the hard coating when you are at their mercy for getting your batches of parts processed. I have personally BTDT with other kinds of manufacturing projects and endeavors I have been involved with in the past. It is more common to have delays than not, just par for the course, which can be a grueling course.

The bottom line for me is this... I believe my Scar 17 is the best all around most balanced in terms of utility, versatility and reliability, rifle available to American citizens on the planet. If I'm going to mess with the awesome Tier-I FN engineering by modifying it, I want the best, highest quality aftermarket parts available, -even if I have to wait a few months to get them.

The only thing I am anxious about is what kind of Stryker swag am I going to get for free for the wait? :wink:

Order # 1031

·
Registered
629 Posts
It seems that it is really hard nowadays to find a competent anodizer. It seems stryker is having the same issues axts was having with their ax556 line. I took about 5-6 months to get my ax556s because they were looking for a new anodizer after their current one started sucking. Hopefully the seals start showing up soon, it will be nice to see what people finally have to say.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I'm inclined to cancel my order and wait it out. What are the chances that I'll get a response on my email? I've been a supporter of SSE for a while but don't like knowing when an order is expected to be fulfilled. This issue sounds eerily familiar to the Molon Labe situation a few years ago.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
For all of you doubters....... image.jpg

This was posted on the SE Facebook page on February 8, 2015.

As far as the wait goes, I've been waiting for the SEAL for a long time, ever since it's been announced I've been waiting for it. I was contacted by email stating I am first on the list and if I am still interested I can preorder my SEAL. So I have had my money tied up for just as long or longer than most people here.

It sure looks like they’re done to me and according to “the man himself”, they are at anodizing now so what’s another 2-3 weeks to get to my door? NOTHING! I’m excited!!!!!!

Reactions: BigBuckeyeGuy

·
Administrator
12,034 Posts
I'm inclined to cancel my order and wait it out. What are the chances that I'll get a response on my email? I've been a supporter of SSE for a while but don't like knowing when an order is expected to be fulfilled. This issue sounds eerily familiar to the Molon Labe situation a few years ago.
If you decide to cancell, let me know. If its something that I want, black, no other options, I'll take your place and that way you can have your money back and won't have to make comparisions of SE vs ML which is not even in the same universe.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.