FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have started this thread since this has turned into such a heated topic and other threads turn into arguments between members in multiple threads resulting in those threads being locked.

I contacted Jim about where he is on the S.E.A.L.

As of Friday 3-6-15 the PMag version is still at the anodize. He hopes to see them back shortly, he had no set in stone date since he is waiting for the company to send them back to him.

He is hard at work doing the final inspection and hand clean up on the FN S.E.A.L. version before sending them off for anodizing.

We (Mods) do not have issues with the members asking about the status of a product they have ordered from a sponsor, the sponsor should keep the members informed but they may or may not choose to do so or do so as often as everyone would like.

For those members that have a S.E.A.L. on order and want an update on the S.E.A.L. feel free to use this thread to ask Stryker Ent. for updates.

We ask that this thread remain on topic for those wanting an update on the status of their seal orders.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
So, as I read the update, the FN OEM mag version of the SEAL hasn't even made it to the anodizing shop yet?? I was really hoping that the first batch to them was a combination of SEALs. Great, guess maybe I'll hope for a late April-July delivery date. Thanks for checking up on this.

·
Banned
69 Posts
I speak to Jim almost daily if not every other, all I hear him doing in the background is filing and sanding the rough edges off the S.E.A.L. Lowers prepping them for anodizing.

This is at 6am or 1am. You all might not want to believe it, but it is 100% the truth.

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So, as I read the update, the FN OEM mag version of the SEAL hasn't even made it to the anodizing shop yet?? I was really hoping that the first batch to them was a combination of SEALs. Great, guess maybe I'll hope for a late April-July delivery date. Thanks for checking up on this.
Yes, as I know, the PMag version was the first to come in and get sent to be anodized. The FN mag version was the second batch to come in and he was deburring all the edges by hand and then they would go to anodizing.

Yes, The last I heard was the FN mag version has yet to go to be anodized.

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I presume the end-game on the PMAG SEAL's is:
return from anodizing -> QC -> assemble per order -> QC -> ship?
I can't say but I'd believe so.

I do know he had stated that he wants every seal 100% before he put's them in the hands of the consumer and is why he is inspecting each one, addressing anything he sees before they are sent to anodizing.

·
Registered
38 Posts
so reading through all the various posts on this lower.....id be interested in one....but i am way too impatient to have money out there for a year (+/-)...given the "process" is it safe to say that they won't be an "in stock...shipping out immediately" for at least a couple more years..if ever?....or is it more of a one and done small batch type of thing?....if the process includes hand filing id think supply could never catch up with demand?....

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I will not comment on quantities shared with me but I have been told is these are not small batches.
There is a small amount of final attention that he is doing by hand on all the modules. It does add to the time but that attention shows up in the end product.

Personally I will never do pre-order items, no matter how much I want something, I've lived and learned. Stryker intends to have these as a regular web item and has shared with me the amount of investment he has made in these and it is no small amount so I patiently await for them to become instock.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Talhoffer - Thank you for starting this thread to address questions concerning SEAL progress. I sincerely only sought some current information when I posted in the other thread.

I have spoken to Jim a couple of times, and I believe him to be a straight forward, well meaning, and honest individual. I never intended to imply otherwise. He is a pleasure to converse with and (from what I can discern) is dedicated to making top quality parts for a platform that he genuinly loves (the SCAR).

This will be my only post here that is not directly related to SEAL progress (and hopefully the only post I make). I just wanted to take a moment to express my thanks for starting a thread where we will hopefully get current information without backlash full of hate.

Carry on (and carry often).

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Talhoffer - Thank you for starting this thread to address questions concerning SEAL progress. I sincerely only sought some current information when I posted in the other thread.

I have spoken to Jim a couple of times, and I believe him to be a straight forward, well meaning, and honest individual. I never intended to imply otherwise. He is a pleasure to converse with and (from what I can discern) is dedicated to making top quality parts for a platform that he genuinly loves (the SCAR).

This will be my only post here that is not directly related to SEAL progress (and hopefully the only post I make). I just wanted to take a moment to express my thanks for starting a thread where we will hopefully get current information without backlash full of hate.

Carry on (and carry often).
No problem :?

At no time where we trying to stop members from asking for updates on their orders. We were attempting to stop the derailing of threads by those not interested in their status on orders but rather continuing to cause trouble by picking fights. Those posts made it difficult to find any useful info about the progress of the seal buried among the trash.

I hope we can all keep this one on topic for those awaiting updates.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Personally I will never do pre-order items, no matter how much I want something, I've lived and learned. Stryker intends to have these as a regular web item and has shared with me the amount of investment he has made in these and it is no small amount so I patiently await for them to become instock.
I am the opposite. I am happy to pre-order and wait for a quality product, especially if my pre-order helps in even a small way to get that product to market.

But to each his own, that's what makes the world go round.

Thanks for the update!

Order number: SE-1031
Order Date: 9/8/2014

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
I am patiently waiting form the one's I have on order. :?

1 - 20 of 77 Posts