3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
714 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Well, if any badguys in Mr. Penn's neighborhood are looking for an unarmed target. . .

·
Registered
932 Posts
People are allowed to have their own opinions. However, these actors/actresses who only promote something, such as gun control, so they use it to attempt to respark their failing career (as J. Carrey attempted) because they are kissing the a$$es of what they feel is the majority.
I may have stated it wrong, but I'm tired.

Anyway, if Sean Penn (AKA: schmuck) believed that guns were "cowardly killing machines", then why did he have so many? I think that some of the Hollywood people don't believe in gun control and maybe even own a few.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Don't boycott these peoples movies. Yes they are stupid uneducated (in the gun world) but think of the crew of guys, stuntmen, camera operators, grips, etc.... they are all gun owners with families that need our support.

Reactions: arcticzale

·
Registered
735 Posts
FallGuy - you make a good point, but in the end those folks shouldn't "need" my support. No one should be obligated to spend money to support another. If one chooses to do so, then that's another story...

Sean Penn is a caricature of himself. Too bad, really, because he played some outstanding roles in his youth, back before he shoved the kool aid up his a$$.

Reactions: Hairlesswookiee

·
Registered
289 Posts
Every industry needs our support. No you are not obligated to spend money but if you do you get something in return. It is not a donation. Most of the actors I like are d-bags but I respect their art. I don't have to agree with a persons views but can still enjoy their product. If I did not buy products or watch movies of people based on their views then I would be a hermit with nothing but hand made clothes living in a cave.

I do agree with you on Sean Penn. Such a waste.

Reactions: DaveConn

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Why did he have 65 guns???
They were probably bought recently for this express purpose (or donated from a gun buyback program), and transferred into his name so he could look like a remorseful gun owner.

When we see the "artwork", it should be apparent if its 65 Saturday night specials and old shotguns or if its actually a real collection.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Given Sean Penn's history of beating women, can you really blame her for wanting to disarm him? Interestingly enough, Theron's own mother shot her dad to protect her when she was young so I'm willing to bet she's got couple of her own just in case despite her rhetoric.

Charlize Theron could convince me to do a lot of things...
As the saying goes "For every beautiful woman out there, there's a man who is sick of her sh:t". I give it 6 months.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Given Sean Penn's history of beating women, can you really blame her for wanting to disarm him? Interestingly enough, Theron's own mother shot her dad to protect her when she was young so I'm willing to bet she's got couple of her own just in case despite her rhetoric.

As the saying goes "For every beautiful woman out there, there's a man who is sick of her sh:t". I give it 6 months.
All of this!!! I'm sorry, but no piece of ass is nice enough to make me compromise my own integrity. I'm not 16 anymore so I'm not that desperate, and there isn't anything Theron would do for/to me that my wife hasn't (or any of my previous exes). I'll add both of them to the list of actors/actresses I won't pay to see as well.

Reactions: Dobe and CPTdaz

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Her mother shot her father in self defense, but he pulled a gun first. I can see how someone (a child especially) could come away thinking that if a gun had been missing from the equation at all it might not have happened.

Sean Penn pleaded guilty to a domestic violence misdemeanor after beating up Madonna. Being found guilty of domestic violence is a no-go for form 4473 (11i), so he either bought those 65 guns prior to 1998, or bought them through private sales after that.

Regardless, wouldn't he be a prohibited person and therefore committing a crime by keeping those guns until now?

Maybe someone should report him before the guns get melted into "art". And possibly report him for trying to get rid of the evidence of his crime as well..

·
Registered
641 Posts
I'm just sitting here hoping he has $hitty taste in firearms, like a box full of glocks. If he melts down a STG44, a WWI era 1911, or some other historical gem I will scream internally.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I like Sean as an actor. In fact I have a good friend of mine that knows him well and has stayed at his home in the past in Cali. But Sean is a complete idiot for doing this. But knowing Sean he has a few more weapons put back. He doesn't trust our Government at all! That's a fact jack!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts