FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a pic of a secret service agent on the look out during the last Bush inauguration....

·
Banned
55 Posts
It probably is a Sig.

During the 1980s-90s, the Sig-Sauer P-226 & P-228 were standard issue for the US Secret Service. Not sure, if they switched to a new handgun with the turn of the century.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Quiet said:
It probably is a Sig.

During the 1980s-90s, the Sig-Sauer P-226 & P-228 were standard issue for the US Secret Service. Not sure, if they switched to a new handgun with the turn of the century.

It definitely is a SIG.....the USSS issues the SIG P229 .357SIG.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Appears as if he doesn't have much to do, seeing as how his hands are in his pockets. Soldiers get blasted by their NCO for doing such a thing. Wonder if the same rules apply to SS agents?

Just a side note. It used to be that only bad guys wore masks. Personally, I don't think the good guys should be wearing masks, it makes them appear as if they have something to fear from the general public. If an agent is doing the will of the people, what do they have to fear? Granted a LEO might make a few enemies from busts, but that is part of the job.

Men against the law have a reason to hide their faces( Jihad Joe ring a bell? ), yet men who uphold the law do this today as well. :? :(

·
Registered
75 Posts
I think that this guy is just wearing his J.I. Joe hero pants and had an extra bowl of Wheaties that morning.

As far as the face mask goes, it might have been realy cold outside.

What's the point in the fighting knife? He's got a P-90 and a pistol.

·
Registered
152 Posts
wlcohen said:
looks like he may have some sort of stock extension
It's not a stock extension, its just the sling. I have a larger version of this photo in my USSS photo collection.

·
Registered
8 Posts
probably freezing his tail off in DC
I agree regarding the facemask covering the face; if he's cold, he gotta do what he gotta do :?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was there for three days with DHS and it was bitter bitter cold!!! His gloves were in pocket and Im sure he was keeping his trigger fingers warm. As I recall the temp on Penn. Ave was 0-10 degrees that day and most of us were pulling four hour shifts.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I wore a Raid Hood/ mask as a cop. I wore it on all SWAT callouts and any other public contact, but with good reason I was working undercover on an organized crime unit.

Most of the time when you see a cop wearing a mask in the US he is doing double duty first as an UC/undercover and second as a SWAT operator.

And the Secret Service is the same, they pull agents from all across the world to cover presidential movements and events, and some of those agents are working UC/undercover assignments.

Try this next time you see SWAT footage on TV and you see them wearing hoods you will usually see long hair and a beard coming out of those hoods. I hated wearing my hood working in Florida when it was 95 degrees and 90% humidity.

As someone said in a post it was cold and I would agree with that as an excuse. Another excuse would be a Nomax hood to protect from Fire when conducting raids.

Take care and be safe.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Here are a few more USSS ERT members with P90's. I included a larger version of the first picture in the thread as well.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Attention to detail!

I find this photo not very flatering for the Secret Service if thats what he is.

1. As all ready stated standing around with you hands in your (hopefully) intact pocket makes me think he's playing poket pool because he has gloves hanging on his batman belt instead of wearing them on his possably cold hands.

2. He is carrying 3 knives that I can see, Two fixed blades and one folder. Two of the knive are located/rigged foulisly.

3. He is wearing All Black attire in the daytime. How covert. Probable the reason he is hiding his face. I'd hide my face to if I went out looking like that.

4. His vest say's POLICE, if he is a Secrete Service Agent then he is impersinating a police officer which, I beleave, is crime in most states.

5. Is that a BLACKWATER HAT he is wearing?

·
Registered
67 Posts
devildoc said:
Attention to detail!

I find this photo not very flatering for the Secret Service if thats what he is.

1. As all ready stated standing around with you hands in your (hopefully) intact pocket makes me think he's playing poket pool because he has gloves hanging on his batman belt instead of wearing them on his possably cold hands.

2. He is carrying 3 knives that I can see, Two fixed blades and one folder. Two of the knive are located/rigged foulisly.

3. He is wearing All Black attire in the daytime. How covert. Probable the reason he is hiding his face. I'd hide my face to if I went out looking like that.

4. His vest say's POLICE, if he is a Secrete Service Agent then he is impersinating a police officer which, I beleave, is crime in most states.

5. Is that a BLACKWATER HAT he is wearing?

With all due respect, you should think about the things you say before you post them. A few points:

- First and foremost, he is NOT impersonating a police officer. He's a law enforcement official with his own powers of arrest. The secret service employs uniformed POLICE officers in addition to special agents. ERT is among their uniformed division.

- If you had read the post made by zippo251, you would know the most probable reason behind his wearing of that mask.

- The two non-folding knives you see are issued. You can see in photos of other ERT members that some of them are wearing multiple knives as well.

- I don't see what his attire has to do with anything. They wear what they're given and I'm sure like a lot of other agencies, they're probably not allowed to wear anything else.

Tspeis

·
Banned
2,294 Posts
Tspeis said:
Hey, wasn't this picture from some nut-case that tried to climb the fence of the white house holding a weapon? I can't seem to find the corresponding article.

Does anyone remember seeing it here or any details?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Great pictures Tspeis! Those SS SRT guys are pretty highspeed. You have to be a really good Special Agent before they consider you to go to a SRT/Counter assault team. When i was on SWAT we supported a few presidential visits and the SS SRT were a good bunch of guys.

Take care and be safe.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Tspeis said:
With all due respect, you should think about the things you say before you post them. A few points:

- First and foremost, he is NOT impersonating a police officer. He's a law enforcement official with his own powers of arrest. The secret service employs uniformed POLICE officers in addition to special agents. ERT is among their uniformed division.
Precisely! Any LEO can wear placards that say POLICE on them. We do it all the time and my agency is federal. We also sometimes wear placards that say SHERIFF. It's pretty clear devildoc should stop playing internet lawyer.

Now, regarding that upside down knuckle knife... I agree - that's just dumb IMO.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts