FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
No. Civvies in the US cannot have Machine Guns made after 1986.

You have to get a FFL and SOT, plus a 'Love Letter' from a gov agency to get your hands on one. Then you can only posses it as the entity that holds the FFL/SOT, and once that dissolves you can no longer hold the MG.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Re: your silencer question, there are quite a few threads on it here.

I'm a firm believer that the SpecWar 7.62 is the best 30-cal can out there for the money.

The Saker 762 is a great can IF you have multiple mounts already and don't want to re-buy the mounts, but the SpecWar 762 gives you fantastic performance that should last a lifetime and carries an unlimited lifetime warranty.

SilencerShop is OOS but they will add your name to the wait list, they are expecting more in this week or next week (I am on the back order list myself)

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
1. No

Reactions: polything

·
Registered
505 Posts
There are a few in theory that can be used on different .30 caliber rifles. (SCAR 17 and AK) You just need to find the suppressor mount from the manufacturer that will have the correct thread pitch for each rifle you have listed. That may be tough. For the PS90 I do not think you can have an effective .30 cal suppressor on smaller diameter bore. That and finding one with the correct mount/thread pitch.

Reactions: polything

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
There are a few in theory that can be used on different .30 caliber rifles. (SCAR 17 and AK) You just need to find the suppressor mount from the manufacturer that will have the correct thread pitch for each rifle you have listed. That may be tough. For the PS90 I do not think you can have an effective .30 cal suppressor on smaller diameter bore. That and finding one with the correct mount/thread pitch.
SilencerShop has a lot of info on Silencers. very informative. Apparently, some silencer can be switch out to different rounds by changing the baffles, but it reduces the effectiveness. You'd have to research a lot more, but Silencer Shop has a lot of info on their website.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Multical suppressors:

1. A 7.62/.308 can will effectively suppress smaller caliber centerfire and rimfire rounds. It may or may not perform well with higher pressure .308 cartridges, such as 30-06, 300 win mag, etc. - check with the manufacturer in that case.
2. When putting a 7.62 can on an AK variant, be CERTAIN the barrel threads are concentric to the bore of the barrel, or you risk a baffle strike. AKs are notorious for this.
3. A large caliber pistol can (.45) will work will with other, smaller caliber pistol rounds. Do not use a pistol can for rifle calibers other than .22LR. The pressures of the rifle calibers can damage a can made for lower pressure pistol rounds.
4. Changing baffles isn't required to accommodate smaller calibers. Just make sure they are SMALLER!
5. Mounting a larger caliber suppressor on a smaller caliber host is as easy as finding a thread adapter and making sure the threads remain concentric to the bore. Many modern suppressors have quick detach mounts that allow you to put the suppressor on differently threaded barrels simply by putting an appropriate mount on each host.

Remember, the job of a suppressor is to slow the gas expansion at the muzzle of the weapon to reduce the report. It will not remove the sonic crack of a supersonic bullet leaving the muzzle. Shooting a smaller diameter bullet through a can built for a larger caliber (think .224 bullet in a 7.62 can) will still provide ample reduction in gas expansion and associated report.

Good luck!

·
Registered
41 Posts
No. Civvies in the US cannot have Machine Guns made after 1986.

You have to get a FFL and SOT, plus a 'Love Letter' from a gov agency to get your hands on one. Then you can only posses it as the entity that holds the FFL/SOT, and once that dissolves you can no longer hold the MG.
become FFL SOT with demo letter = where all the big toys are
start mingling with local LE?

·
Registered
505 Posts
here you go. just pick it up.

any recommendation on the scope mount? it's sitting too slow right now

View attachment 24278 View attachment 24279
I would suggest the ADM Recon-S mount. Pick it up with the Tactical Lever option. The levers are a bit larger and thus easier to manipulate. You should be able to keep your rear sight as well. It also looks like you have the scope to far forward.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts