FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ATF and Biden already made pistol brace NFA items. Next they will come to get your AR. I am thinking to sell all my ar and ammo before that happens. But nobody wants to anything now I guess. What’s your guy’s opinion? Be confiscated or go registration?

·
Premium Member
7,169 Posts
Our founders hid their guns and powder when General Gage sent troops to seize those materials. They knew if they gave up their arms, they would never be free again. There's lessons to be learned from our history...
Ahh, yes, history. No one seems to study it or give a damn about it until....it starts repeating itself.

Why is that? If one were to actually learn from past mistakes the future would certainly be less complicated.

But who cares about Stalin, Hitler, Mao, Shillary, Brobama, Obiden right? They're just misundertsood, that's all.

Ahh history, my old friend, I've come to talk to you again...

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
We have a 2A and it is pretty clear when it states Shall Not Be Infringe Upon!

Before I make any rash decision, I want to watch how the political landscape develops.

Phase 1, all Trump's legal avenues are exhausted and Biden wins.

Phase 2, The Senate is controlled by Dems. Georgia will tell us and I don't have a lot of faith in the election.

Phase 3, SCOTUS is packed or there are vacancies that are filled by Biden. Use your imagination on how this could transpire.

Phase 4, Laws are passed and signed. There is no hope that the SCOTUS will overturn them.

Phase 5, see below!

The Tricky part is being 1 or 2 steps ahead so that you are not caught doing what everyone else is doing.

Culling the heard is not a terrible idea right now especially off calibers or low end stuff!

·
Registered
3 Posts
ATF and Biden already made pistol brace NFA items. Next they will come to get your AR. I am thinking to sell all my ar and ammo before that happens. But nobody wants to anything now I guess. What’s your guy’s opinion? Be confiscated or go registration?
I don't know why you need to troll like this; it's obviously inflammatory, and false concerning Biden.

As gun owners, we should be the last people in the world to be irrational and quick to panic, and yet here you are.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Delete if this is the wrong place for this, but this article presents a legal argument why the parts of an AR (the Frame or Receiver), do not appear to meet the definition of a firearm. Read the article!!
The article referenced below includes a link to 27 CFR § 479.11 - Meaning of terms. "Rifle" and "Pistol" are fairly straightforward definitions. BUT...the "frame or receiver" definition, to my engineer's mind (NOT a lawyer) seems quite murky toward an AR. It would be quite an interesting court battle to see if the two parts of an AR, separated, can be considered a "firearm". So, if the Red Flag twits show up, an AR in two pieces seems to defy the definition of a firearm. And all that ammo laying around is in memory of my dearly departed equipment that accidentally went into the bowels of the lake. Sad day, that.

27 CFR § 479.11 - Meaning of terms.
Under the US Code of Federal Regulations, a firearm frame or receiver is defined as: “That part of a firearm which provides housing for the hammer, bolt or breechblock, and firing mechanism, and which is usually threaded at its forward portion to receive the barrel.” (emphasis added)
Frame or receiver. That part of a firearm which provides housing for the hammer, bolt or breechblock and firing mechanism, and which is usually threaded at its forward portion to receive the barrel. (emphasis mine)
Rifle. A weapon designed or redesigned, made or remade, and intended to be fired from the shoulder and designed or redesigned and made or remade to use the energy of the explosive in a fixed cartridge to fire only a single projectile through a rifled bore for each single pull of the trigger, and shall include any such weapon which may be readily restored to fire a fixed cartridge.
Pistol. A weapon originally designed, made, and intended to fire a projectile (bullet) from one or more barrels when held in one hand, and having (a) a chamber(s) as an integral part(s) of, or permanently aligned with, the bore(s); and (b) a short stock designed to be gripped by one hand and at an angle to and extending below the line of the bore(s).

·
Premium Member
7,169 Posts
There is another option, load your AR with your ammo then tell those who may wish to confiscate your AR and ammo...."come and get 'em".

·
Registered
319 Posts
Spring, if your that paranoid, then yes sell everything firearm related. Im going to wait it out and then see what happens down the road.

·
Premium Member
7,169 Posts
Oh I get it now, the MSM elects the POTUS and deputy chiefs of staff make policy. Yeah, you definitely need to sell your guns and ammo before Apple takes over the Pentagon and Facebook the CIA.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts