FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of you ever regret selling a firearm(s)? I've thought about selling my FNP40 but each time I try to I run hit the guilt wall. I would NEVER sell my first handgun, my HK USP 9, for any reason. Seems like it also applies to the rest of my collection :D . I just can't see myself selling them. One reason I guess is that they haven't crapped out on me like the P99 DAO did on my dad. My "new" Sig was bought "used" but she's been great as well. I don't consider her "used", just that she has a "new" owner :lol:.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Since I bought my 1st gun in 1993 - I have swopped my collection several times. EIther I don't like a gun, or I want something else and must sell a gun to pay for it.

My wife doesn't like guns, and my ex wife wasn't a huge fan either. Many times, if I wanted something new - i had to get the money somehow. So, I sold something.

I do regret selling one 1911 - but its not like its beating me up everyday. My interests change quite often, so I don't feel too bad about.

I don't have anything left that I would want to sell, however.

I did just sell a PX4, XD45 and my Five Seven to pay for a custom 1911 I ordered back at the end of Aug. I always wanted a custom 1911 - and I wasn't that attached to the guns I sold.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Ive only sold one gun in my life. It was a S&W 4006, I had the gun on pre-order for a long time. I just had to have a .40 right away. I was so disappointed, we never got along.

I have a Calico 950 Id would unload but I cant sell it in state and Im thinking of ditching my old Desert Eagle. I cant believe what those things are selling for around here new or used.

No regrets yet

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
I traded an HK compact .45 once for a full-size Kimber, never looked back from that one, great trade in my favor.

I've sold a P226 and HK USP in the past couple of months and I'm selling my XD in the next day or two. While all great guns, I don't really mind letting them go, as they were safe queens and not my go-to guns for SHTF scenarios.

So far, no regrets in letting one go.

:?

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I have bought and sold alot of guns in my days for one reason or another. I look at guns as tools. I have sold a 30-06 model 70, a Mini-14, a M1 carbine, a S&W 357, a Walter PPK, a Mossberg 590, a Stainless Mossberg 500, a Browning .22, a Rossi 38, a Colt Hbar 5.56, A Rem 870, 2 Browning 10 Ga., and a Rugar M77 II in 308 to name a few.

But I'm happy with the ones I have now and will not loose sleep about the ones I've sold.

·
Registered
912 Posts
I recently sold a Walther P22. Don't miss it.

I recently sold an FN FNP-9. Miss it slightly, . . . but replaced it with a CZ SP-01, which is a MUCH better gun IMO. So, no regrets.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I have never sold a gun I really liked, but I have sold some guns. sometimes we make impulse purchases even if we don't like to admit it. At one time I had more guns than I could shoot over the course of a year, and I had more guns than ammo. Also most of my guns were plain jane.

One day I told myself whats the point of being average with 30 guns when you could master 10 guns, since then I have consolidated my collection and have been very happy, I get more range time with the guns I love, each one is fully accessorized, I am able to stock up on ammo do to less calibers, and when I want a new gun I save my money until I have enough for the gun, optics, light, mags, holster/sling, and 2k rounds of ammo.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
That made me cry a little when you sold your Five-seveN ship :cry:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sold my AMT Automag II several years ago to fund a new purchase and that is the only one I regret of selling.

When I let the CZ75 go that wasn't too difficult.

At the moment it seems that the gun safe just becomes smaller and smaller, or is the amount of guns rising :-D

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
I'm just gonna sell my guns when obama gets elected

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
iCeMaN said:
I'm just gonna sell my guns when obama gets elected
U were going on about how much you loved Obama about 2 weeks ago :lol: :lol:

iCeMaN said:
That made me cry a little when you sold your Five-seveN ship :cry:
:x :x

Well, I don't really miss it. I didn't shoot it enough, and I never really took to it.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
It still made me cry though ship....I was misbehaving and Obamanation (sp) was getting to me...My apologies to all

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ive bought and sold a lot of firearms since I started to get into it. But the only one I really regret selling was my lever Marlin Glenfield 30-30 with scope.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Definitely regret selling 2 of my pistols, before I was married the first time I owned a Taurus PT101 in stainless

and a Ruger GP-100

I loved both of them, they shot extremely well, the GP-100 was strong as a moose, we loaded some very hot loads and it never blinked. The Taurus was my carry weapon pretty much anytime I was off base in Virginia. Anyway, after I got married I found out my wife who I was madly in love with absolutely hated guns and I was so blind that I sold them both. One year almost to the day after we were married we were divorced and my guns were still gone. I should I kept the guns and booted her at the time

Lesson learned, my present wife loves to shoot as much as me, and my 14 year old daughter got her first rifle of her very own this year :D

not my images, I didn't even own a camera in 95, let alone a digital

·
Registered
14 Posts
OK, iCeMan,
what will you take for them?
I think you need them now more than ever..... :(

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Lol what would i take for them? Ehhh it would have to be for a pretty penny if i were to part with any of my guns....

·
Registered
19 Posts
I don't really miss any guns I've sold. I keep them until I'm tired of them and then send them on their way.

·
Banned
114 Posts
I never sell guns. I've traded one shotgun to my brother and that was it. When he got divorced I bought his AR-15 from him til a few years later when he had the money to buy it back. I don't think I could ever sell a gun and not regret it, the useless ones will just have to sit in the back of the safe indefinitely.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Now that the leadership of the country is changing, I'm feeling much safer, so I'm selling all my guns and taking the locks off the doors. I'm also going to leave the keys hanging in my cars, stop going to church, and publish the personal contact information for my children on the Internet. It's such a relief not to have to be worried and bitter all the time.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts