FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Vendor
5,930 Posts
If you are looking for a good shooter try the CETME. They go for around $600.00 and take the HK mags. Very economical for a .308. :shock:

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
It really depends on how mauch money you want to invest, what you are going to use it for, is weight an issue, what kind of accuracy you are looking for, and what accesories you need.

The Cetme is a good gun for the money as already stated.

I have a DSA FAL and I like it alot. Very glad I bought it.

I want an AR-10 next because I have several AR15's and would like a .308 to go with them.

I just re-read your post and realized I miss read it the first time. Why not the M14?

TA

·
Registered
302 Posts
Er, Cetme's scope mounts never work out well... They always wiggle a little or shoot lose. Mine and others I have worked with are always to thin for any of the scope mounts out there..

wait, I forgot I tryed an airsoft one on mine and it stayed still but it was to tight.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Armalite AR-10 owners on the other sites usually comment that their rifle needs a little tweaking before being reliable.

Other AR-10 type rifles to look at are RRA should be out or will be coming out with their LAR-8 A2/ A4 rifles which takes FN FAL (metric or inch) magazines and for a lot more money there's the hard to find Knight's Armament SR-25.

·
Registered
120 Posts
NUTFINN said:
He brought it to work to day, here is what he has.

- H&K 91, green stocks
- black stocks with folding stock
- H&K bipod
- Arms mount, clamp on
- Leupold 6x scope
- 20 x 20round mags
- 330 round on ammo

He want $2400 for it what do you think??
FWIW, here's how I'd value it:

HK91 w/ green furniture $1800 to $2200 depending on condition (assuming wide forearm, the kind the factory bipod clips into)
black furniture (assuming from your description it's a wide black forearm and A3 collapsable stock) $300-350 both pieces (if it's a wide black forearm, black A2 fixed stock AND A3 collapsable, add another $100)
bipod $125-150
Arms claw mount $150
scope- $?
mags- $1-5 each depending on condition
ammo- $?

IMO, a fair deal for both of you. Factor in that it' a local sale from a person you know and (assuming) you trust. If I were in the market for another '91 I'd probably buy it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts