FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
4,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:icon_silent: Not me, I won't be the one to say anything about going postal...

Some special interest groups are taking issue with an attempt to amend existing federal law and lift the ban on guns in post offices, as proposed by Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky. Sen. Paul’s amendment to the Senate postal reform bill would allow licensed gun owners to carry weapons inside post offices. Guns are currently banned in all American federal buildings, including post offices.

Sen. Paul is attempting to have the amendment included in a postal reform bill being debated by the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee. Prior to the current ban on guns inside federal buildings, shootings at U.S. post offices by former employees led to the phrase “going postal” becoming a popular way to describe workplace violence in America.

“As mass shootings continue to trend upward in America, it is unthinkable that Sen. Paul would attempt to remove a ban on guns in a workplace where mass shootings have occurred,” said Shannon Watts, founder of Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, a special interest group modeled after the well-known Mothers Against Drunk Driving. “Moms will not sit idly by while our lawmakers pick apart existing common-sense gun laws. We will fight tooth-and-nail to help protect our children and families from senseless gun violence.”

Sen. Paul says on the issue of gun control laws, “Gun control laws only restrict access to responsible gun ownership. High risk individuals will still be able to acquire firearms even with an increase in prevention. I do not support any proposed gun control law which would limit the right to gun ownership by those who are responsible, law-abiding citizens.”

Senator proposes amendment to remove federal ban on guns in post offices | The Novus Report

·
Registered
876 Posts
Yeah......I didn't know I couldn't carry at the post office. I didn't see any signs. I may or may not have been carrying inside for over 10 years. Whats really weird is I've had to go to the post office to pickup guns that required signature.

Reactions: SeaMac

·
Registered
6,552 Posts
I could have been naughty too, not knowing for sure... :NO:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts