FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi people, i could use some help, i recently purchased a od green ps90 nib from a dealer at a local gunshow. it was represented to me as a usg gun with the 'new" sight system on it. i was in a hurry as it was sunday at closing and i was busy packing up my tables (i sell firearm accessories at gunshows) and i just verified it was new in box and after all i was buying this from a fellow exhibitor an ffl dealer no less so i didn't look at the sight too closely. it was only a couple of days after i really got some time to get the box and gun out of the safe and look it over and it has the old white ring sight on it but my question is this- is there a serial number prefix from fn on the usg sighted guns or does the box say ps90 carbine with usg sights? is there any other way to tell what is in the box other than picking up the gun and looking thru the sight? the reason i ask is i'm wondering if the guy might have changed the sight out to the older one- are they interchangable? anyway thank you all for reading this post and i hope someone knows the model number of the ps90 with the usg sight and can let me know- thanks, vckiller

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
If it has the white right sight then it is not the NEW sight system. The New USG sights system is black. As far as outside marking, the black sight should say PS90 USG. I think the majority of the green stock PS90's are white sights if not all. Although some say they like the black sight better than the white sight, I personnaly like the white sight. I added the REM T3 module and it is fantastic.

·
Vendor
5,877 Posts
:) On the end of the box you have a code #. Match the code # to the description in the following picture and that should be whats in the box. Not helpfull if someone switches the guns. :roll:

Also go here to see what the the shape of White Ring Sight looks like compared to the Black Ring Sight

http://fnforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=334 :?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank both of you for your responses, the box has the code 38400000 ad naseum but the catalog you posted does identify it as the regular white sight ps90- so he didn't switch the sights on the carbine he just mis-represented what model it was- oh well now i have to find out if the black sight, the secret service one is available and will it fit on any ps90 thats not a tri-rail, that way i can buy a black sight and put it on it if i wanted to. again thanks to the people who took their time to answer my questions, vckiller

·
Registered
68 Posts
vckiller said:
thank both of you for your responses, the box has the code 38400000 ad naseum but the catalog you posted does identify it as the regular white sight ps90- so he didn't switch the sights on the carbine he just mis-represented what model it was- oh well now i have to find out if the black sight, the secret service one is available and will it fit on any ps90 thats not a tri-rail, that way i can buy a black sight and put it on it if i wanted to. again thanks to the people who took their time to answer my questions, vckiller
I may have a black reticle sight that you could buy, Just won a karma giveaway for a Critical Dimensions adjustable rail and i'm probably going to replace the factory sight with something with a wider field of view (ex. Eotech ) As far as i know the attachment points are the same for the white or black ringsight, P/M or Email if interested.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Why wouldn't you contact the dealer and get the model gun he supposedly sold you???? Or maybe you already did and he wouldn't do anything about it?? I'm a bit anal when it comes to things like this. If I don't get what I paid for then I'm never really happy with it and I end up selling it. That's just me though. Anyway, I was just curious if you contacted the dealer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
good question, i contacted the dealer today after i confirmed exactly what model carbine he had sold me. i told him that i was not happy about the fact the gun was a "old" model ps90 and not one with the new usg secret service sight like he had told me at the show. well after many excuses and him saying he didn't know which model he had ordered so he assumed it was the "newest" one available ect and so forth. i told him i wanted a usg sight to put on the gun he sold me and he told me that he couldn't do that because he would lose too much money so i said take the gun back and i will get one from someone else, oh no he says you cannot return a gun- so long story short i am left with the short end of the stick. stupid me i thought i could trust a fellow exhibitor/dealer well now i know better, thanks guys vckiller

·
Registered
459 Posts
Well he can say anything he wants about "can't return a gun" but that's HIS PERSONAL POLICY. I'd push him with talk about going to the Better Business Bureau about his "bait and switch" policy as well as spreading the word that his sales techniques are questionable, he doesn't stand behind what he sells (i.e. "it's the newest model" but now all of a sudden he "thought" it was the newest model), and/or he's just flat out ignorant about the products he's selling (or course, ignorance is no excuse).

We are talking about him selling you (and charging you) for one gun and giving you a DIFFERENT one. That borders on FRAUD. If he doesn't know what he's doing he should NEVER have said it was the newest model!!!!! At the very least you should get a refund of some of your money if you thought you were paying for the black sights/newer model.

Cabelas is one of the only places that I know of that lets you return new guns for any reason within 3 days. They are higher than most places but some gun stores are high also. I'm not saying your dealer should change his policy to accept gun returns (I wouldn't do it)......but this isn't about a gun return, it's about him selling you one gun and giving you another......it's HIS MISTAKE, not yours.

If he thought he could get away with that with me, he'd have a very big surprise at just how much bad publicity I could point his way.

OK, rant off for now...........good luck in with your PS90 and whatever decisions you make concerning the sights.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
VCkiller,

I have a white reticle sight, yes it not nice in the respect that it is hard to see depending on lighting conditions. The USG sight is not an in line sight, they use a mirror or a prizm, not sure which, someone here will know.

I did not like the USG because I could not see the sight ring well in darkened areas, like the white ring sight, or if the backround was dark, even though it's supposed to be lit up with a tritium bar. I hope this makes sense, I may have to edit this tomorrow when I can see strait!

This is why I went with the white ring, at the time I new about the REM 2 and would put one of those on to make it much better the USG the REM 2 or T3 will not work.

Also I thought I could always put on a different aiming device. Right now the REM T3 is the less expensive way to go.

Yes it stinks you did not get what you wanted because of the representation. But I think you will be happy with this and a REM T3.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yes qb you are right i could really stick it to him on the gun show circuit as well as on the internet because i am sure he frequents this forum. i have to weigh any possible benefit of going head to head with him over the sight because that is what we are talking about- the rest of the gun is the same as other ps90's the only differance is the usg sight, so in essence to make this deal right all he need do is to swap my white sight for a usg sight-.....so my benefit is to swap out the sight but being a person who makes money on the show circuit as well i have to think about what business i might loose going after him full bore, now if i didn't work the shows i would be all over him like you said you would. i think in the long run i would loose much more $ in lost sales. you know how the reputation game is played, even if you are right as god in a disagreement like this potential customers will stay away from both parties. i think the best thing to do is to have a talk with him along these lines, see what he is willing to do to avoid the bs a public fight would have, i do appreciate your input as well as yours sonytec- i have looked at the rem-3 and it seems to do the trick on the white sights its just another damned button to turn on which is what i wanted to stay away from-lol- but it looks like i might not have any other choice other than pulling it off and mounting an optic rail like i am doing on my tri-rail- again thank you both for your input-vckiller

·
Registered
459 Posts
Yes, you do have to pick your battles. And if you're on the same gunshow circuit it could turn into an ugly situation so that is certainly something you have to consider.

Good luck.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
I'm getting punchy from punching all these buttons!!! I hear ya with the KISS method.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts