FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read of several FNP FN 40's suffering a crack in the frame assembly near the hammer. I also have read this affects earlier production guns. Is there a serial number range of the guns susceptible to this problem? I just bought mine, but the fired casing is dated 2005. What percentage of the guns have had this problem?

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
I don't have an FNP - but I seek out an FN related threads on many other gun forums. The slide lockback issue, and this issue seems to have onl;y come to light in the past month or so, from what I have seen. I have seen threads about the FNP all year long. And, I have sene no complaints up until very recently.

I don't know how many guns are affected by this issue, but I do not think it to be a widespread problem. I am sure that the few people that are having this problem are pissed. And, I suppose I would be too. But, so far it is a small minority.

I would have no qualms about buying an FNP tomorrow.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I have several firearms, but my FN 40 is with me whenever my SP101 is not. I like to feel confident at all times. In my situation, and in my weapon. I will keep an eye on the hammer area every time I clean it, but I don't think it will fail me....

·
Registered
73 Posts
Digbydriver,

Did you ever contact FNH about an answer to your question?

If so, what were the ranges of serial numbers for the cracked frames???

If not, please let us know what you find out, if you do.

·
Registered
73 Posts
ironman0311 said:
Digbydriver,

Did you ever contact FNH about an answer to your question?

If so, what were the ranges of serial numbers for the cracked frames???

If not, please let us know what you find out, if you do.
Did you ever get an answer to from FN about this?

If so, post it please.

Thanks in advance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts