FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm starting to think that FN mixed in the PS90 serial #s with the P90 serial #s. There's no logical explanation for starting off the PS90s at 30000+ unless the 30,000 accounts for P90s that came before the PS90 (makes more sense?). The FS2000s started at something like 5000, which might indicate that only about 5000 F2000s were made?

Otherwise, there's a difference of about 10000 between the first PS90s and the current PS90s, but availability is still slim!

·
Registered
19 Posts
yes That makes sense..on serial numbers... Like I said this one is from new Shipment just arrived from FN So that implys that about 12,000 are in civis's hands..

Thanks
smoke

·
Registered
15,573 Posts
Yes, I was thinking the same thing. The castings aren't great on any of them.

As for the difference in the PS90 and P90 - I personally have no idea, but I thought I had read somewhere that there is a minor difference to the receiver - enough to visiually be able to look at both and tell them apart. I might have read bogus info, though...

·
Registered
225 Posts
looks like it's been tried many times, after searching the forum for a hour I see this has been tried repeatedly by others...doesn't matter so much, I was just curious more than anything.
I see your list, thanks for that TONY!

·
FN Supporter
435 Posts
Just as an FYI the current PS90's from FN have SN's in the 112xxx range and a P90 that shipped from FN in January has a 092xxx SN. I'm not sure if they use different SN ranges between the 2 or if the P90 has just been sitting around for a while...I suspect the latter.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts