FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, please be creative and realistic when you think about this. My family is headed to Poland this summer while I will stay here for work, and if this Ukraine thing gets out of hand, it could carry over to Poland. Poland heavily supports the Ukraine and has moved its troops to the Ukraine Border. Poland has been through much because of Germany and Russia, and they recognize the importance of a free Ukraine. I know the odds are heavily against another Poland invasion, but you never know.

So the "What if scenario" is this...if it carried over to Poland and my family was there, what would be the contingency plan? Besides...don't go there in the first place...what would you do? Should they head towards Germany or take a boat to Sweden, etc. If they were stuck there, I would go there to get them.

I may have seen too many movies, but I would go to get them. I would not give up. Unfortunately, Poland has gun control, too. With them having gone through so much, it amazes me that they do not get it. So this is my main question...with international travel, etc. How could I get to Poland with my PS90 and my guns? Would it be possible, or everything would have to be done on the "underground" to get there with weapons. I know this is very hypothetical, but I will not rely on our wussy administration to get things done.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
If I had to extract my family from Poland in a HURRY, I would purchase a hunting tour package to Europe. I would buy 3 Benelli R1's chambered in 30-06 which take a factory 10 round magazine and optic them up. Once I arrived in country, I would SBR two of them and purchase a hangun off the street. Crossing in to Poland would have to be a fluid plan depending on current circumstances. Nothing would be off the table. You will be cashing in your 401K early for this one. If you know any locals, its time to call in any favors owed; otherwise you will probably have to recruit an asset or two on the fly.
John Rambo or Jason Borne style won't get it done here. Honestly, Putin is only interested in Crimea, the rest of the Ukraine is Bankrupt and dependent on Russian natural gas to produce electricity, they are a cash-cow for Moscow. In fact, Putin is laughing all the way to the bank, because all the financial aid coming from the West will flow into his coffers, it is all about economics. When the USA goes into a country it costs us billions; when Russia goes into a country it earns them billions!

·
Registered
517 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about Poland. Russia just wants to expand back to places it knows it can keep. Those places are limited to areas with significant Russian populations or as the news says "Russian speakers."

·
Registered
641 Posts
I'd need to watch Red Dawn a few dozen more times to come up with an appropriate strategy.

·
Registered
145 Posts
1. Make preparations ahead of time to travel to American Embassy in Warsaw in case of emergency.

2. Show the Marine Corp Embassy Security Group their passports.

3. Meet them at Ramstein Air Base, Germany.
That the realistic thing to do. Not some fantasy about sneaking guns into some international country so you can extract your family. Unless you are some international man of mystery or have access SAD/SOG resources and the like. I understand Poland's fears. But they're not at risk at this point.

It's a good idea to know where a US Embassy is (among other places) no matter where you travel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts