FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has any thought why in fn the only firearms maker making the triggerguard large enough to fit a gloved hand? i live in az. so it really is not a big deal to me but i like the fact that the fnp is so well thought out.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Generally the ergonomics of the FN weapons are very well thought out in my opinion. Another good feature is the take down lever. It is quite easy to manipulate even with gloved or injured hands.

I have some first hand, so to speak, experience about this. I am a mechanic and live in the Mid West. It is winter and cold here, and my hands take a beating. Finger tips get split and dried out and it is often quite painful to do certain tasks, such as operating the take down mechanism on my only Glock. Man that hurt. Not so on my FNP 40.

Some serious thought went into these pistols.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I never liked the Glock takedown tabs - pull the slide back just the right amount and then try to pull both sides of the takedown tabs while holding the slide in the right position. FNP is much simpler. Lock the slide back, pull the takedown lever, release the slide and take it off. Reassembly is just as easy. Well designed gun.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
If you think about the fact that FN makes 70% of our military weapons, it makes perfect sense. Their biggest customers need features and have requirements for things like that. In Iraq we would wear gloves all the time to keep our hands from being burned by the weapons. M-16s or M-4s would get nice and hot sitting next to the humvee transmission or even soaking up the sun. Not good to handle with bare hands. That is one reason you see GI's painting weapons tan, it's not necessarily to blend in.

That gives me an idea to try out some gloved shooting at my next range session just to see how it goes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts