FN Herstal Firearms banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shipwreck come on now, how can we say the site supports freedom of speech and not allow speech discussing conversion of semi's? Discussion of illegal actions is not illegal in itself.

(I'm not saying that I have a problem with it being a banned subject, just that a site can't claim free speech and ban subjects which are not illegal to discuss...)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Oh My....., :roll:, Being new here and not a Mod, all I can say is that I believe that the intent of not allowing this topic is to avoid potential liabilty and litigation in case some wack job takes the information and decides to use it against another person or groups of people. Someone correct me if I am wrong.....

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Look, I'm not going to get into this any further. The last thread was dragged out for 3 pages. And in all honesty, if this is a legitimate concern to you, this should have been PM'd to me instead of starting a new thread. This is like restarting a public confrontation or something all over again.

But, I will address this briefly. There is a liability issue. As I stated before, we get all sorts of people coming here, and the first question out of their mouth is how to convert the ol' PS90. Plus, it is ILLEGAL. There is no way to reliably check who has a class 2 license and who doesn''t. Discussion of this will only lead to nefarious use.

NO other internet forum I am on will allow these types of threads. I also explained why we have this as a forum rule in my posts in that other thread that spurred you to start this thread. So, please go re-read my posts.

The discussion of conversions of semi-autos to fully autos have been against the forum rules since day one - over a year ago. I'm sorry, but that's the way it is.

And, my patience on this issue ran out after the last 3 page thread. There is only so many ways to explain the same thing.

NOTE - Therm posted 1 final message on that thread. Feel free to read his explanation as well.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Sevenout said:
Oh My....., :roll:, Being new here and not a Mod, all I can say is that I believe that the intent of not allowing this topic is to avoid potential liabilty and litigation in case some wack job takes the information and decides to use it against another person or groups of people. Someone correct me if I am wrong.....
BINGO! +1000 karma :?

Orbital said:
Discussion of illegal actions is not illegal in itself.
You don't run this site and have to worry about being on the news one day or being sued.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.