FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Nice! Cruise videos from two seat squadrons are always better though. There's only so much you can do with a go pro stuck to the windscreen.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Love to fly in one someday, if I had the opportunity.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Thanks P Fac. I just wasted another 2 hours of my life on Youtube watching fighter jets. Still cant decide my favorite

F-15 Strike Eagle
View attachment 26590 View attachment 26591

or

F-22 Raptor. Nevermind, this is my fave.
View attachment 26592 View attachment 26593
Back when I was still serving, I always thought that the F16 was the most agile and elegant of the 4th gen fighters, but for absolute raw power, the F15 was tough to beat.

I used to love watching the F15 jocks pull the nose up at the end of their takeoff roll and accelerate while climbing straight up.

While I don't think that the new 5th gen fighters are as attractive in some ways, being functionally invisible to radar and able to fly supersonic without an afterburner is about as sexy as it gets.

The F22 gets my vote too.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Back when I was still serving, I always thought that the F16 was the most agile and elegant of the 4th gen fighters, but for absolute raw power, the F15 was tough to beat.

I used to love watching the F15 jocks pull the nose up at the end of their takeoff roll and accelerate while climbing straight up.

While I don't think that the new 5th gen fighters are as attractive in some ways, being functionally invisible to radar and able to fly supersonic without an afterburner is about as sexy as it gets.

The F22 gets my vote too.
as i stick with the F-22, i am reminded that swept wings are uber-cool. And surprisingly tough. Crazy Israelis

1 - 13 of 13 Posts