FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the new Shooting Sight striker from Art today. It looks MUCH more substantial than the factory striker. Shipped super fast and installation was very simple. Took maybe 10 minutes only because that little pin is a pain to line up lol. I'm really looking forward to putting it through its paces !
Gun barrel Trigger Video game accessory Gun accessory Electric blue

·
Premium Member
9,207 Posts
Got the new Shooting Sight striker from Art today. It looks MUCH more substantial than the factory striker. Shipped super fast and installation was very simple. Took maybe 10 minutes only because that little pin is a pain to line up lol. I'm really looking forward to putting it through its paces ! View attachment 157167
Was really hoping to see a photo of both strikers for comparison. I can say Art makes great products, I've had one of his triggers in a 16s for years.

·
Premium Member
9,931 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Notice difference in dry fire?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Handwriting Office supplies Marker pen Writing instrument accessory Writing implement

FN of course is broken
Apex is the beefiest, it is solid and feels good, but it has a larger surface area whereas
Shooting sight has less surface area but maintains the feefiness where it needs to be and the trigger pull is really improved. I have a video of both the apex and shooting sights trigger action if anyone is interested iin hearing for grit.. I'd like to hear someone's opinion myself as I'm pretty new to this and not exactly sure what I'm listening to.

·
Premium Member
9,207 Posts
View attachment 157229

FN of course is broken
Apex is the beefiest, it is solid and feels good, but it has a larger surface area whereas
Shooting sight has less surface area but maintains the feefiness where it needs to be and the trigger pull is really improved. I have a video of both the apex and shooting sights trigger action if anyone is interested iin hearing for grit.. I'd like to hear someone's opinion myself as I'm pretty new to this and not exactly sure what I'm listening to.
Excellent, thanks for the comparative pics. I am curious about spring weight and wear due to the significant increase in mass. I have the Apex in my 509 which did come with a new spring. Does Art's come with a matched spring?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Excellent, thanks for the comparative pics. I am curious about spring weight and wear due to the significant increase in mass. I have the Apex in my 509 which did come with a new spring. Does Art's come with a matched spring?
I purchased it..$7.00 I think.. and it was quite a bit lighter.. well I think I didn't think to take a closer look, but initial impression was.. wow, this is a lot smaller.

·
Vendor
1,897 Posts
On the bearing surface comment: since the striker spring is pushing forward along the centerline of the striker at the front, but the sear is pulling on the lower edge of the 'tail' at the rear, the striker wants to tip so the rear rises up. Hence it is the top/rear of the striker that has the greatest contact with the inside of the slide channel. So on the FN striker, you see a raised ridge just aft of the cutout. On the Apex you see a raised ring in the profile towards the rear. Those are the bearing surfaces.

On mine, the raised surface is the teflon ring, which is what gives mine the smooth feel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does this work in the 503 like the Apex? Just bought and installed an Apex a few months ago unfortunately as this sounds like a better option. Apex was def. an improvement over FN OEM don't get me wrong, but there is some grit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Are there any discount codes for forum members or anything? Contemplating getting one to have as a backup.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts