FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, Any Gals Out There ? Just Wondering. I am considering having my barrel cut to 16 1/2 & installing AR Flashhider. My local gunsmith sez he can do it but i might have cycling problems due to the lower barrel pressure. Has anyone tried this? any problems? Thanks in advance. Buzzards gotta eat ,same as the worms.

·
Registered
350 Posts
as long as you keep the barrel above 15.75 i dont think you will have a problem, thats the barrel length of the actual military f2000

·
Registered
954 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. I want to put a Phantom flash hider on mine (when I get it), keeping the legal length just over 16", but the rifled length would be considerably shorter. The military F2000 has a 15.75" barrel, but a short compensator.

I think at sixteen and a half inches, with an AR compensator, you should be just fine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shortened barrels

Thanks for the info guys, I really like the way everyone helps each other. Nice pic, Too. suntanman

·
Registered
1 Posts
Make sure the overall length of the rifle is greater than 26 inches or you will create an NFA Short Barrel Rifle.

You can register the rifle via Form 1 IIRC.

SBR's are defined as a rifle with a barrel length of less than 16 inches or an overall length of less than 26 inches.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts