FN Herstal Firearms banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Congrats !! lLooks like ya had fun and the pistol ran perfect !! I shot my FNS9 a lot last Summer myself & will be bringing it out again when the weather 'finally" gets better !! Even though I am in the North East,,alot of ranges have matches all Winter,,but this year has been a bust,,,long hard Winter for sure ! Its getting close ! I noticed you only had 10/11 rds in the gun,,do they limit you or are you in a Commie state like me,,LOL ! Keep going,,,you will get better/faster,,etc ! Congrats again !!

·
Registered
312 Posts
With IDPA you have three magazines. Your first load can be 11, 10 mag one in the chamber, and the next two are loaded at 10. It was explained to me the rules were designed for national conformity. That way if you shot in New York etc. you would be practiced.

Great looking stages. I've only run indoor but outdoor is suppose to be a blast.

Reactions: MIKEYFNS

·
Registered
37 Posts
Great videos! The FNS-40 has about the same recoil as a lot of 9mm's that I have shot in the past. I suggest you get some Defensive Pistol training under you belt. You will do well and definitely polish the rough edges off of your presentation and technique. Not to mention get a boost in your confidence and speed.

Nice job!

·
Registered
33 Posts
No I live in Florida but the Comp. limited the mag to 10 rds
Have you ever dropped a loaded mag from your gun inadvertently because of the ambi mag release buttons? (recent thread here shedding light that this a problem for many FNS shooters)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Have you ever dropped a loaded mag from your gun inadvertently because of the ambi mag release buttons? (recent thread here shedding light that this a problem for many FNS shooters)
Hmmm,,,I guess I need to read the other thread more about this problem,,but I have had 0 issues with this,,never even gotten close to it & I have had my FNS9 for over a year and put over 3K through it ! It has to be in the way you grip or manipulate the pistol,,seems like a non-issue,,but then this wouldn't be the 1st time I was wrong,,,LOL !

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
YES I was shooting USPSA the other day and my mag fell out during the stage. I posted about it in the other thread and I have it on video !

·
Registered
233 Posts
Where was the match held Mikey? I'm in the Tampa bay area and would like to watch one of these matches.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Anything that requires a time sensitive response can cause an inadvertant manipulation of the mag release or safety if you have one. Practice, Practice, Practice. It makes all the difference weather running a drill, competing or more importantly defending the lives of the ones we love!!!

·
Premium Member
21,753 Posts
Where was the match held Mikey? I'm in the Tampa bay area and would like to watch one of these matches.
You did notice that post was over two years old? :p

Reactions: 9mikemike
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.