FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i shot 50rds of 197 today out of it at my uncles range..... wow is that a good shooter right out of the box 50yards never missed one tuna fish can or any of the reactive targets. I have never took a gun out of the box that had adjustable sights and had it right on the money it ejected cases as far as a 10mm All i can say is that is on hell of a good shooter....... next time i will shoot at paper we will see what size groups a once avid competition shooter does :p

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have shot 100yards with my .40 at a paper plate and kept 2 out of 9 on the paper. I have also been shooting for 24-25 years. i am 32 plus my uncles range is where i begain shooting. i am the most calm there unlike shooting at local clubs or ranges with guys i dont know/trust standing next to me so i always do much better there. i will video tape it some time @50 yards going up and down the line i can get them all swinging or fliped "most of the time :roll: "

·
Registered
90 Posts
ShipWreck said:
No kiddin' - I've done 30 yards with my P99 once - still hitting a silhouette target - but 50 is damn far.
The P99 I had was in .40 and was really accurate to about 15 yrds, then started getting sloppy. The 5/7's been giving me 3-5" groups at 25 yards, and I've put all of a mag in the body of a silhouette target at 50. (Didn't measure the spread, but it was wide...still, all hit.)

Only pistol ever to hit a man-szied target at 100 yrds was with my Webley .455. Pop -- head shot, first go. The rest of the cylinder went nicely into the body. Only gun I can do it with reliably. (It was standard to volley fire at 100 yrds. for the British army in the 19th C. The officer would often fire in time [for timing] with the men...might have been bored for it.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts