FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
4,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One thing that is obvious in the exhibit hall here at the SHOT show is a concerted effort to market firearms to women. The pink, purple, orange, and yellow guns stand out from the more traditional polymer or silver colored frames typically associated with pistols or long guns. Here's what you can find at the Walther booth:

And it's not just Walther. There are multiple color choices over at Taurus as well.

Read/see more: SHOT Show: Gun Manufacturers Feature Plenty of Pink Guns

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Yup. They recognize that more and more women are getting permits and into the shooting hobby/sport. I overheard one guy a the LGS complaining about all the pink and purple guns that are coming out now. My first thought was "why are you complaining about a potential profit if someone decided to buy one of those as opposed to nothing?"

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
I think the fear is that people who are buying these colored guns are treating it more like a fashion accessories than a weapon capable of injuring or worse killing someone.

Reactions: notanotch

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Yup. They recognize that more and more women are getting permits and into the shooting hobby/sport. I overheard one guy a the LGS complaining about all the pink and purple guns that are coming out now. My first thought was "why are you complaining about a potential profit if someone decided to buy one of those as opposed to nothing?"
My thought is why are you complaining? It'll bring more hot girls to your LGS.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Some female shooters are offended that the gun industry think they will only shoot with a bubblegum pink gun. That said, a plethora of different colors (other than tactical looking ones I mean) is a good thing, it makes the gun look less threatening to friends, family, juries, etc. but will still make a bad guy change his mind when pointed at him.

Over all I think its a great way to make guns seem more familiar and gain new shooters.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Man, whatever it takes to bring them to the table. The more women we bring in, the greater our chances of stemming the tide of anti gun legislation.
My thoughts exactly. I firmly believe most anti-gun sentiments among the general population (not talking about the power elite here) are born from ignorance. The more regular folks we can welcome into the community the more of them we can get educated. And they, in term, will educate others. We're stronger with the "non-traditional" shooters joining us than without. Welcome aboard, I say. Also, more sales is a healthy thing for the industry and an avenue for growth.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts