FN Herstal Firearms banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The FN Reps had the entire product line at a local shooting range's member appreciation day. Shoot the PS 90, FN 2000, 5.7!!! THEY supplied the ammo.
What a hoot!

Also, fondled the new FNP-357 Sig. YES, .357 Sig! (Said to be released, "in about a month.")

I am VERY impressed with the FNP-40 and the FNP-45. GREAT triggers and accuracy. ::!!!::

:? :? :?

FNP-45 had great ergonomics. MUCH better than the Glock and XD series guns. IMHO. :? :? :?

The .40 is a keeper as well.

I'da bought the demo .357 Sig on the spot, but they would not sell it to me.

:? :? :?

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
FNP 45 price on impact guns

I figured you guys might be interested to see this:

http://www.impactguns.com/store/fn_fnp40.html
If you scroll to the bottom of this section of the impactguns site, they show the pricing for the FNP-45. Note that it is still not available, but they will be taking orders "soon". I was mostly interested to see the pricing. Looks like quite a deal for a decent .45

·
Registered
268 Posts
the .45 seems to be priced the same as the other variants, although the list price for that site is rather high.

I too am curious about what it actually looks like....that rail on the front bothers me.

Here's hoping they offer a shooting pack like the FNPs have now to sweeten the deal.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Shooters Pack

Yeah, that would be a nice bonus if they offered the shooters pack for the 45, but it wouldn't be a deal stopper for me. Who needs a training barrel anyway, train as you fight eh?

Hopefully it will be only a matter of days before all our anxious questions are answered. October here we come, 45 fans.

If $507 is a high list price, I wonder what a reasonable price will be for the 45. Typically the 45's run a tad bit more than the smaller calibers.

·
Registered
873 Posts
As I recall there will only be 400 FNP 45s available for the entire US the first year. I'd be willing to bet that price goes way up upon release.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I went to the local shop yesterday as well. They called the FN rep, they said probably not until Dec (which contradicts earlier reports of October) and the MSRP was going to be $559 which seemed too high to me. I'm going to call the local impactguns shop (they are in our state) and see if they are going to honor the $507 price even after they actually get them in stock.

·
Registered
16 Posts
When the FNP-45 didn't come out in August I sent FN USA an e-mail and asked about the availability of the pistol to the market. I was told October when I made my inquiry. However, this month is almost over so the wait goes on!!!

:(

·
Registered
39 Posts
Bob Ailes refuted your .357 Sig story, ironman0311.

Comments?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I don't know?

Maybe they decided not to produce them, after all.

All I can do is repeat what TWO of the FN Reps. told me as I slobbered all over the one I had in my hot little hand that day.

And, IIRC I THINK they had one (FNP-.357 Sig) on the hot range that was available for demo firing. I did not shoot a .357 Sig that day however. (I think it may have been too crowded and I wanted to get off the firing line) Although, I shot just about everything else they had. I am almost sure I remember a G.I. ammo box full of .357 Sig ammo on the range table behind the FN firing stalls.

Trust me ... I had one in my hand that day.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Understood.

FN has some really fine guns, but the veracity of their corporate communications people leaves a lot to be desired.

It's quite evident that they don't have a clue.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The FNP-45 release date was supposed to be October or November after an initial release date of either August or September. The last forum posting that I saw from an FN rep now says "by year end". To be honest, since they are not disclosing why there are so many delays, it has me a bit concerned.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.