FN Herstal Firearms banner

141 - 160 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Zero aftermarket support. The only website that sells parts for it is non-responsive (it will take your money though, you just never get your order). Collapsible stock is near impossible to find, and when you do, they go for insane amount and in terrible condition. That's not really the worst of it. The lever safety model has had a recall, as it can fire when switching to safe. There's no replacement for upgrading to safer cross bolt configuration. Also the internal buffer needs to be replaced after a number of shots, and guess what, no one makes those either. That was actually the part I was trying to buy from the website. Like I said, there's absolutely no practical reason for anyone to own one of these. If you have one, you are pretty much not going to shoot it.

Yeah this is pretty much all the information I've arrived at, but I'm too stubborn to use logic to avoid buying this platform knowing the above issues. I think this would most certainly be a safe queen for me, and I'd only take it out once or twice a year to shoot a few rounds.

Regarding the site that you referred to taking your money I keep reading mixed reports on the person operating it. Some say he does deliver the orders, but due to a single person operation it takes a while. Then I find people that have experiences like you, where they take the money and are unresponsive with shipping out products and returning correspondence.

Reactions: CPTdaz

·
Registered
324 Posts
I've been researching these for a couple of weeks now, and planning to purchase one in the upcoming months. Is there any way, or aftermarket support, to put a collapsible stock on the fixed stock models?

Keep a eye on Gunbroker... There usually is a folding stock for sale quite often. I have bought several spare spas12 parts off of gunbroker, there usually is stuff listed.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Zero aftermarket support. The only website that sells parts for it is non-responsive (it will take your money though, you just never get your order). Collapsible stock is near impossible to find, and when you do, they go for insane amount and in terrible condition. That's not really the worst of it. The lever safety model has had a recall, as it can fire when switching to safe. There's no replacement for upgrading to safer cross bolt configuration. Also the internal buffer needs to be replaced after a number of shots, and guess what, no one makes those either. That was actually the part I was trying to buy from the website. Like I said, there's absolutely no practical reason for anyone to own one of these. If you have one, you are pretty much not going to shoot it.
I have one of the aftermarket poly buffers from Spas12.com the buffer is high quality and isn't going to wear out anytime soon. IT's the original Franchi buffers that deteriorate over time. Take car of the spas and treat it well and get some standard extra parts and it will treat you well... I have put probably 1k of shells through it and still running like a champ.

·
Registered
877 Posts
The SPAS 12 is a fantastic shotgun, albeit heavy. Replace the bolt buffer and have spare o-rings and it is a very reliable gun. Everytime you take it to the range people will want to ask you questions about it.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
I have one of the aftermarket poly buffers from Spas12.com the buffer is high quality and isn't going to wear out anytime soon. IT's the original Franchi buffers that deteriorate over time. Take car of the spas and treat it well and get some standard extra parts and it will treat you well... I have put probably 1k of shells through it and still running like a champ.
You are one of the lucky ones then. I placed an order couple of years ago, emailed the seller several times in the months followed. Never received the product or a reply. I don't remember whether I actually got a refund or whether I just chalk it up as a loss.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Well I ended up getting a CZ 712 until I can afford/justify a SPAS 12. Here's a dirty picture I took after installing the 10round extension magazine.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Looks mean!!! :shock:

Reactions: Hairlesswookiee

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I finally picked up one of my grail guns...Benelli M4. Also included are my two other shotguns with my recently released Salvo 12.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
A simple Mossberg 500 Combo Firld/Security.

$400 for a pump with hunting barrel and home defense barrel, a set of chokes and a separate pistol grip.

141 - 160 of 160 Posts