FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was planning on buying a Beretta Inox 92FS next month... But, I've been tempted more and more to buy a Five Seven.

I handled one again yesterday - the grip is too long for my small hands (front to back thickness). But 2 handed - the grip isn't bad.

I kinda like the idea of having the same rounds as my PS90 in a handgun, and the 20 round mag (30 with the extension). And, the lack of recoil is nice.

Plus, I like the idea of not having rounds penetrate lots of walls thru the house in a self defense situation - so, that's another plus.

But, the price gives me pause. I have spent a ton of money on other guns and ended up not liking them.

No one around here has one for me to try..

What do U guys think?

·
Registered
395 Posts
I am in a similar situation.

The grip is not the best for my short stubby fingers. It's a lot of cash for a poor boy.

OK, those are the negatives...

Same ammo as my PS90, 20 and 30-round mag capacity, awesome round for handgun, they are targeted for banning, and are supposed to be very accurate out to 75+ yards....

I've made the decision to buy one. I'm almost there... I'm probably going to put one on layaway this week...

·
Registered
188 Posts
Ship, I have smaller hands also. I've had my 5.7 for about 2 years now and love it. With the mild recoil you really don't notice the grip length when shooting. It's also much lighter loaded than anything I have that's unloaded. Really nice to carry around all day.

·
Registered
170 Posts
For me I don't worry about the gun at all. I worry about the ammo. For the PS90 I can write off the cost of ammo because it is a rifle and all rifle ammo is that much now.

But on a handgun the cost of ammo is a real negative. I'm still up in the air. If I had spare cash I would probably buy one. But for now there are other guns I want.

·
Registered
83 Posts

you know you want one..... :shock:

I'm going to be getting a buckmark barrel threaded for this can by tac solutions soon.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I already went ahead and did it - I posted another thread on it yesterday. I went ahead and ordered it from Buds. I hope to have it by early next week. I paid w/ a money order to avoid the credit card fee - so the hold up is the time it takes for my mail to get to them.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Shipwreck, I'm pretty sure I saw that you have a buckmark, don't forget my last post. Would be the greatest SHTF combo....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts