FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand the cool factor and hearing protection aspects. Also, not scaring off game as easily. Besides the once or twice yearly hog trip, I don't see other uses for a suppressor. They became legal in Minnesota today and half of me wants to buy an Omega but I'm unsure if it is worth spending 1300ish for the seemingly little use I'd get out of it. Sway me one way or the other!

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
Have you shot suppressed before? Once you do you won't want to shoot without one.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Definitely...I'm looking at one for 30 caliber...it can be used on 20 caliber rifles as well...and for me at least as a home defense tool, if you ever light that baby up in your house you're gonna hurt everybody!:hearingprotection:

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
One led to 4 more for me - so do you feel disciplined enough to limit yourself to 1>.
I am +1 for home defense use - if you have ever fired in a hallway or a small room you will know why..
YMMV

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I use my p226 as my nightstand gun and i will be suppressing that. I have fired in enclosed spaces with no earpro and it is no fun. Might have to take a chance on the Omega and use it as an excuse to hunt more. Mostly a hypothetical question...but how hard is it to sell a suppressor? I'm a just in case kind of guy

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I have never tried to sell one.
I think the cosmetic changes are moving along fast, companies are "re-inventing" their lines regularly to make new marketing promises so sales will increase but no real break troughs seem to have happened for a long time.
You will see changes in serviceability in pistol calibers and changes in mounts in rifle calibers, physics largely has the true (sound) progress halted - at least that is my opinion.
Nevertheless, no one is going to want my 5 year old 18t AAC based can for a good price when they can have a new 512t (joke) based can.
DB performance is almost unchanged from the 18t cans to present day - simply guys are going to want the latest and greatest Surfire and they will be willing to pay many times the cost of a used can for it...
Again, just my opinion...

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Get one. You'll be happy that you did.

·
Registered
654 Posts
+1 to what every one else said. They are a lot of fun, and being able to shoot without earplugs if you need to is great. Also, get one now since you can, as you never know what is coming down the road as far as "Anti" legislation.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Gotta say I agree with the shooting indoors perspective.

I'm getting one for my 5.7, and it will also fit my .22 auto....filling out the form next weekend!! Can't wait.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Well, if you guys didn't sway me...the sale for 880 over 1100 did. Thanks guys. Going to make a trust and file for a FDE Omega on Friday.

Mac. I agree but I still need plugs at my local range and my hunting buddies don't shoot suppressed so i will need plugs then also.

Reactions: Jeremy M.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Suppressor - YES
Trust - YES

My opinion you should have both - once you do the suppressor - you'll want a SBR
Trust - because its never too soon to get your affairs in order before you are deceased

·
Registered
72 Posts
you should absolutely get one. I have 5 I think and I have finally gotten the ones I want. if I were to do it again, I could get the same level of capability with fewer cans. With the exception of carry guns, I don't shoot anything that isn't suppressed anymore. I think you are tracking on getting a 30 caliber can. Most can be used to shoot 5.56 all the way through 300 win mag. As others have said, they are great for shooting indoors, great for muzzle flash suppression, great for maintaining comms with folks around you, and they also make shooting prone far easier.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I just shot my Specwar 762 for first time today on 300 blackout and 5.56 Barrett rec 7 and I loved it . the guys I went had big envy after they shot it !
I have a 22 can also which I enjoy also
heading to Texas next week to hog hunt,

1 - 20 of 29 Posts