FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know what most of your answers will be already, but I thought I'd throw it out there. Im thinking of selling my FNP9 to help fund the purchase of a Ruger SR1911 or *gasp* a Glock 17 Gen4. I've determined that I shoot Striker-fired Pistols much better and have been running my FNS-9 exclusively lately. I've also discovered, to my horor, that I actually like Gen 4 Glocks and picked up a Blue Label G26 about a year and a half ago(before the FNS9C came out) which I love for CCW and have been thinking about the G17 or G19 to add to the mix.

I dont like the DA trigger and the higher bore axis and overall feel of the FNP9 (to me) seems clunky and awkward compared to the FNS or the Glocks. Im also liking the idea of standardizing manual of arms, trigger feel, accessories, etc. As far as the SR1911 goes, I decided if I only ever own 1 45ACP and it would be a 1911 and since I dig Rugers its an obvious choice. It would be more of an occasional shooter/Heirloom gun to give to my son at some point.

So besides the sentimental value, are there any other compelling reasons you guys can throw out there for me keep it? And no, I cant buy all of them, things have gotten out of hand as it is..... ;)

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
Might as well if something else better suits your needs. Mine has never had a failure (other than underloaded ammo) in over 9500 rounds.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts