FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I noticed this after my last range session.

Not sure of the proper name of this bit, but it is the ramp that cams the barrel into battery. It is ever so slightly loose now after about 500 rounds. The ramp is held by 4 tabs in slots in the center group in the frame.

The weapon functioned perfectly during the range session.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Lots of view but no comments?

I am actually a bit concerned, to the point where I have shelved the FNP until I can get some answers on this.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Ok, I checked out both the FNP 9 and 40 and they have a lot of rounds through them. On both pistols that block has a little front to rear movement. Maybe about .020. I guess to me it causes no concern for that amount of play. If you have more movement than you care for all you can do is contact FN about a possible warranty issue. Otherwise I would think a little movement is allowable.

That part is called the Unlock Block. Looked it up on the parts diagram.

I just checked out my Browning Pro40 and that has a considerable amount more play in it, with less rounds. But still, I guess I am not worried. It seems solid enough to where it wont fall apart.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you sir for checking all your FNP series.

Sounds like we have about the same amount of play in the unlock block.

Sounds like that is normal.

I'm still fairly new to the ways of FN, so asking about this seemed prudent.

Safety first and all that.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was curious about the exploded parts diagram that did not seem to come in the manual.

Where can I get one?

·
Registered
203 Posts
I used the Browning Pro parts diagram. Essentially identical. I believe you can get it off of Brownings website in PDF format.

·
Registered
53 Posts
mine has the play as well, as discovered following a brief but exciting morning at the range.

What is the proper procedure for contacting FN to ask: 1) if this is a normal part of the design, and 2) if not, what is the procedure for repair?

Shootemup

·
Registered
14 Posts
I used the Browning Pro parts diagram. Essentially identical. I believe you can get it off of Brownings website in PDF format.
Morning guys and gals,
Any luck finding this pdf on the Browning site? I looked and didn't see anything but that certainly doesn't mean it's not there. :-?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.