FN Herstal Firearms banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
So shoulder firing an AR pistol can land you in the slammer?? That's about the dumbest thing I've heard. Yes I realize the letter was in regards to the sig brace on a particular shotgun and not an AR pistol but based on what I read I believe they were saying this. Am I wrong here??

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
I believe you are wrong Tusc. Using a SIG brace is different for the shotgun because that isn't what the SIG brace was designed for. It was designed for pistols. So the shotgun maker "modified" the brace from it's original intended use. Use of the SIG brace has been approved by the ATF for pistol use and there are at least two ATF letters circulating that clarify the brace is ok for pistols even though a user may use it incorrectly (i.e. shoulder it).

·
Registered
91 Posts
Ok thanks. Can someone clarify the legality of building an AR pistol from an 80% lower even when I currently own an AR rifle and various parts for it including but not limited to other barrels and receivers etc.

·
Vendor
1,862 Posts
I think the guys who wrote the article suffer from the same weakness as the rest of media: sensationalist stories about the sky falling get you much more attention and sell more advertising than tamer stories, even if the tamer stories are closer to truth.

OBAMA JUST USED A TOOTHBRUSH ON HIS TEETH. COULD THIS MEAN HE INTENDS TO MAKE DENTISTS ILLEGAL?

Pretty good headline, nothing to do with the truth, and since it was asked as a question you can't even say that it is incorrect ....

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Ok thanks. Can someone clarify the legality of building an AR pistol from an 80% lower even when I currently own an AR rifle and various parts for it including but not limited to other barrels and receivers etc.
You can manufacture a firearm for your own use. Unless you are prohibited by your local laws, or are a person prohibited to own firearms, then you can build your pistol. After all, this is still the USA.

·
Premium Member
1,254 Posts
For the record I don't think it will change anything. However it always gets my feathers ruffled when someone starts messing with a good thing. When they introduced the Saker end-caps several people started writing in to the ATF claiming that they were silencer parts. Nothing happened from that but people stirring the pot.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.