FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new Shooting Illustrated magazine has a really nice, really long write up on the FNAR.

It mentions a red dot on the upper edge of the lower portion of the ejection port; so you know the charging handle is all the way forward and "in battery".

Will any of you owners be kind enough to snap a photo and show this off, as it intrigues me.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. To tell you the truth, I think that's one of the coolest features. Pretty simple, yet useful.

Anyone else get to check out the review in the new shooting illustrated?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Stopped at the local bookstore, to pick up SI... they didn't have it. Didn't go home empty handed however, picked up two mags that both featured the FNAR on the front cover with extensive reviews which included range time.

Petersons RifleShooter (Jan/Feb09) "The A is for Accurate". Very positive article, but also honest...mentioned what it felt were a couple minor shortcomings of the rifle.

Guns & Weapons for Law Enforcement (April09) Good article...but, guess they thought the FNAR on the cover wasn't pretty enough...they dressed it up with a vertical foregrip, tactical light and a red laser light....???

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have never seen SI on the news stand, but it's only like $10 a year, and is an NRA production.

Basically, they seemed to like it. One other thing they noted was that there is a shim set to adjust cast and drop (like on a Benelli R1). Three different buttstock pads and three different comb height pads. Although "ugly" to some, the stock is highly customizable, which I like.

They got this for accuracy at 100 off sand bags:
BH 168 BTHP=0.98";
FGMM 168 SMKBTHP=0.85";
Rem UMC 150 gr. MC=1.63".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts