FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Got lots of ammo, and a bug out box with gear and clothes and items. Made that right after I saw what happened during Katrina.

Also have lots of water.

I'd really like to have a generator and extra gas - but my wife would think I'm a nut if I do that.

Slowly restocking the food supplies again. I used to keep some water bottles on top of the food storage. 1 leaked and ruined everything. I have to start over again on that.

·
Registered
414 Posts
devildoc said:
My old 782 gear, food water, guns and ammo.
heheh .. Ex Marine ey?

My BUG out gear is my house sitting on top of a mountaintop, fences and surrounded by plain land around. BUilt-out basement, water purification tabs (that actually work), kerosene gel for fire, and all the chem/nuclear protective clothing and equipmetn I could snag while I could. :grin:

I need a hummer.. a REAL one.. :shock:

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I'd really like to have a generator and extra gas - but my wife would think I'm a nut if I do that.
well i dont she`ll think your nuts if your the only house on the block with electric in the winter. Show her the new die hard movie, and how important it is to have a back up plan because the goverment isnt going to specially help you out in a emergency. Prime example New Orleans.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
She's seen that film - she'll still think I am a nut :p

She thinks I am crazy for having extra rounds and several guns...

·
Registered
857 Posts
ShipWreck said:
She's seen that film - she'll still think I am a nut :p

She thinks I am crazy for having extra rounds and several guns...
Wives are supposed to think their husbands are crazy, that's just the way the world works.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
My wife thought I was crazy when I bought a 7000 btu generator prior to being stationed in GUAM. In the first year we were stationed there the power went out 15 times, often for 2-4 days and twice it was out for 3-4 weeks.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
hey shipwreck this summer cut off the power on a hot day let her suffer with no ac then start up the generator you`ll be a hero over night lol

·
Premium Member
3,591 Posts
Speaking of lose of power, are you guys planned for SHTF that includeds an intense electromagnetic storm (created from a solar flare or elsewhere) or a strong electromagnetic pulse (EMP) that will fry all your eletriconic devices? Say..an eotech, aimpoint, flashlight, eletronic gun safe (try getting your guns out then :-D ), or backup power generator?

Just curious on your thoughts and plans.
Lets hear them.

·
Banned
328 Posts
FiveseveN
You could keep everything inside a faraday cage.

Or have one built into your house. Let's see whose wife kicks them out first

It would cheaper to just sell the house and move into a shipping container.

tqtran
Speaking of lose of power, are you guys planned for SHTF that includeds an intense electromagnetic storm (created from a solar flare or elsewhere) or a strong electromagnetic pulse (EMP) that will fry all your eletriconic devices? Say..an eotech, aimpoint, flashlight, eletronic gun safe (try getting your guns out then LOL ), or backup power generator?

I don't think a backup generator would do you any good in a disaster of that scale. It would probably only serve to attract the attention of other survivors who will try and take it from you.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Speaking of lose of power, are you guys planned for SHTF that includeds an intense electromagnetic storm (created from a solar flare or elsewhere) or a strong electromagnetic pulse (EMP) that will fry all your eletriconic devices? Say..an eotech, aimpoint, flashlight, eletronic gun safe (try getting your guns out then :-D ), or backup power generator?

Just curious on your thoughts and plans.
Lets hear them.
Some ones being reading about the 2012 solar storm nasa predicts to be a big one.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Here is my kit that I have assembled so far. I have also included a list of future purchases once finances allow. My plan is to meet up with the extended family at a pre-determined location and move into the mountains away from the city. I think if you stay in the city, after about a week people will know who has food and who doesn't and they will find a way to beat your defenses. By moving into the mountains you will have plenty of locations to set up a base camp and plenty of resources to replenish your supply's. hopefully within 6-7 months the world will calm down or we will have set up a sufficient hunting/gathering/farming system to be self reliant.

Current Preparations:
-Sig P226, 5 Mags, 200 rds
-M4, 4 mags, 500 rds
-PS90, 1 Mag, 100 rds
-1 years worth of food for 4 adults

Future Plans:
-Springfield M1A SOCOM 2- for hunting/protection
-FiveseveN( already will have the rounds so why not)
-henry surviver 22LR
-at least 1000-3000 rounds for all weapons
-at least 10 mags per weapon
-extensive medical kit
-tools(shovels, saws, hammers, etc)
-generator
-fuel
-water purification system
-a house in the mountains, or a way to transport my family, gear and relatives to our new hold up site.
-more food because my extended family isn't preparing
-clothing for all seasons(it gets cold in the mountains)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sorry I forgot, I currently have about 40 little walmart seed packets but need to get a lot more so I have enough for at least 2 seasons in case I screw them up the first season.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Bug juice might be going a little to far, it would be nice but I think i am running out of room as it is, I have been thinking about buying a trailer or something because with just the food I have over 2000 pounds.

·
Registered
25,418 Posts
I'd rather have it, find out I don't need it and pitch it, than not have it and need it. You can always lighten the load with all the stuff you find out is non-essential.

:?

PEACE THROUGH STRENGTH

1 - 20 of 32 Posts