FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, as you know, five justices on the SCOTUS redefined what marriage is in America and also found the time to violate the concept of federalism. They decided that an individual’s behavioral choice was grounds to create a new “right” in the U.S. Constitution. Now of course there are those of you who are somewhat despondent, but just know that in every storm there is a rainbow – quite sure y’all get my tongue-in-cheek comment. Yep, since now the SCOTUS has determined it can bequeath a right to marriage across all 50 states, there is an interesting point to be made.
“By using the Constitution in such a manner, the Court argues that the Due Process Clause extends “certain personal choices central to individual dignity and autonomy” accepted in a majority of states across the state lines of a handful of states that still banned the practice. The vast majority of states are “shall issue” on the matter of issuing concealed carry permits, and enjoy reciprocity with a large number of other states. My North Carolina concealed carry permit, for example, was recognized yesterday as being valid in 36 states, which just so happened to be the number of states in which gay marriage was legal yesterday. But 14 states did not recognize my concealed carry permit yesterday. Today they must."

...and that everyone...is a win for freedom!!! ...THE LIBS CAN SUCK IT!!!...

Read the rest below:

YEEhaw! This side-effect of the gay marriage ruling will make liberals EXPLODE - Allen B. West - AllenBWest.com

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I doubt it. They just curb stomped the 10th Amendment. It's far more likely a result that loose gun laws are found unconstitutional since they allow guns into libtard states. Protections like the various versions of the 2nd Amendment Protection/Preservation Acts the various States have passed will likely be declared unconstitutional, since they draw their power from the now meaningless 10th Amendment and the un-PC 2nd.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I doubt it. They just curb stomped the 10th Amendment. It's far more likely a result that loose gun laws are found unconstitutional since they allow guns into libtard states. Protections like the various versions of the 2nd Amendment Protection/Preservation Acts the various States have passed will likely be declared unconstitutional, since they draw their power from the now meaningless 10th Amendment and the un-PC 2nd.
I see your point, but the Supreme Court also ruled the individual mandate in Obamacare a tax. They would simply state the argument that the 2nd Amendment arguments being based on/or justified by the 10th Amendment is invalid, because it is actually protected by the 14th Amendment. They did the same thing with Obamacare.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Doing more research...

Now the question–Are 2nd Amendment rights among those “protected by this Clause”?If we take the SCOTUS at its word, then yes, 2nd Amendment rights are protected under the 14th Amendment. After all, it was by viewing 2nd Amendment rights as incorporated under the 14th Amendment that the SCOTUS struck down Chicago’s gun ban in McDonald v Chicago (2010).
Moreover, two years earlier–in District of Columbia v Heller (2008 )–the SCOTUS ruled that the 2nd Amendment rights were “fundamental” in and of themselves as well as “fundamental to the Nation’s scheme of ordered liberty”

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The current Court is obviously very selective about which rights it will choose to protect, which to ignore, and which to invent when it cannot find them in the text of the Constitution.
True...but the point of this is that no further clarification by the court should be required. This almost needs to be intentionally tested and challenged, with one of the many gun rights groups (NRA, GOA, etc) waiting in the wings to represent.

·
Registered
22,118 Posts
Lets see what happens with this in reality.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.