FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rented both of these today, while I was shooting my USPc45. One of these will be my next gun.

Accuracy wise, I shot both about the same. The Sig had that 1 line rear sight - which I hate. If I get a Sig 220, it will have 3 dot sights, however.

The Sig had a lot less recoil, but it was an all stainless model. I was a bit surprised that the HK45 did not have much less recoil than my USPc 45. In fact, it was hard to tell the difference. It was there, just very slight. This isn't a rip on the HK45, but it shows how well they designed the USPc 45.

I did NOT like the decocker on the Sig 220. When i activated it, it would pop back and hit me in the thumb before I could clear the button. IF I get a Sig220, it will be a SAO variant.

The Sig had all rubber grips, which made a huge difference. The HK45 didn't "stick" in my hand as well, because of the lack of rubber. My USPc had rubber decal grips. I hope they eventually make them (Decal Grips) for the Hk45.

Now, I do not think the SAO Sig 220 comes with rubber grips. And, because it has no decocker, and a thumb safety, the choices for replacement grips are limited compared to the standard 220 model.

One plus leaning me towards the HK45 is that I already have 1 HK45 mag - for my USPc 45. That would save me a little $.

I'll have to find a SAO 220 again to make my final decision. But, I think the thumb safety on the HK is easier to switch on and off.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Nice report. I haven't had any trouble with the SIG decockers. But since you will be going SAO I guess it doesn't matter. Which grip felt larger?

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
You could always get some after market grips for the HK45 :twisted: And I also despise SIG decockers....I have one :oops:

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Texas Armadillo said:
Nice report. I haven't had any trouble with the SIG decockers. But since you will be going SAO I guess it doesn't matter. Which grip felt larger?
Honestly - they both felt good. The SIg220 is single stacked, so it doesn't suffer from the huge grip thats ome of the others have.

iCeMaN said:
You could always get some after market grips for the HK45 :twisted: And I also despise SIG decockers....I have one :oops:
Well, I don't want to put a Hogue grip on the HK45. I'd rather just have the decals like on my two USPc's.

Honestly, I was hoping 1 would stand out majorly compared to the other, but it didn't really. Now, w/o the SAO variant of the Sig, I probably wouldn't consider it.

But, long story short - I haven't made up my mind completely yet....

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I'm kinda leaning towards the HK45 - one big plus is that I can use every HK45 mag in my USPc 45 :?

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
You get a free mag, holster, mag holster, and taclight with the P220 though.

http://www.sigsauer.com/CustomerService/HotDeal.aspx

-----
From now through December 31, 2008, get SIG SAUER accessories worth more than $200.00 when you purchase any SIG SAUER Classic** or 1911 pistol.

Simply send your sales receipt and a copy of your 4473 along with your name, address, email and phone number, enclose a check, money order or your credit card number in the amount of $12.95 for shipping and handling and we will send you a SIG SAUER Tactical Light, SIG SAUER Dual Retention Holster (right hand only), SIG SAUER double magazine pouch and an extra magazine.

Hurry, offer good through December 31st 2008 or while supplies last. Cannot be combined with any other offer. NEW gun purchases only. Purchases prior to November 13th, 2008 are not eligible.

*After $12.95 shipping. Your credit card will be charged $12.95. We accept Master Card, Visa, Amex, Check, Money Order.

**Classic pistol includes any: P220, P226, P229, P239 only. Certified pre-owned not applicable.

Remit to:

SIG SAUER, INC.
18 Industrial Drive
Exeter, NH 03833
Attn: HOT DEAL

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I won't be buying this until Feb at the soonest. I still have to pay off my USpc 45 and some of the ammo I bought.

I will be paid off sooner than anticipated, isnce I got over $500 from that accident insurance I have (from the recent injury to my left hand). So, that will get me on to the next gun sooner. But Dec 31st isn't do-able....

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
I'm sure it will be extended.
Sig has run some of same offers last year. They have like 6 different offers right now, and IIRC 3 of them are the same fomr 2007. :-D
Kind of like FN and their C-more offer. That thing ran forever!

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
ShipWreck said:
Well, I'm kinda leaning towards the HK45 - one big plus is that I can use every HK45 mag in my USPc 45 :?
I LOVE my hk45 ship...maybe more than my usp!! You know it won't let you down. My sig has disappointed me on many occasions!

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
I wish SIG would offer models without the beavertail.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
You should have made poll but I think Fury and I would have been the only ones to vote on the HK45

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Texas Armadillo said:
I wish SIG would offer models without the beavertail.
See, that is what I like.

My shop had a SAO Sig, black, with a beavertal. But it was not a compact model. The version I saw is not listed on the Sig website, however. So, if I DID want to order one, that might make it harder.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The more I think about it since yesterday, I'm sorta leaning towards the HK45 for now. I may get the Sig later, depending on how things go with Lord Obama.

But sharing mags with my USPc 45 is a huge plus.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Thats what I'm talking about SHIP!! You want be disappointed. I love mine!!

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
iCeMaN said:
And I also despise SIG decockers....I have one :oops:
Which SIG do you have that you have based all your SIG experiance on?
If its a P250 then I would suggest getting a real SIG :-D
If its an Elite model then I'd say you are crazy :p :roll: :lol:

·
Registered
373 Posts
ShipWreck said:
Not to sound like a jab, but it is the HK45c that uses the same mags as the USPc45. I want to just clarify that, so that any errors are avoided.

I have an HK45 and it is a great gun, but never fired a Sig 220. I've only heard good things about the German Sigs, so I'd be going for one of those if you could find one.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
dtheman said:
ShipWreck said:
Not to sound like a jab, but it is the HK45c that uses the same mags as the USPc45. I want to just clarify that, so that any errors are avoided.

I have an HK45 and it is a great gun, but never fired a Sig 220. I've only heard good things about the German Sigs, so I'd be going for one of those if you could find one.
No, the HK45 mags work in the USpc 45 too. I already have an HK45 10 round mag.

True, the HK45c mags fit as well, and they fit flush. But that 10 round HK45c mag looks silly with that huge baseplate. So, I bought an HK45 mag. It works too. It's like putting a Glock 17 mag in a Glock 19 -- it sticks out a bit. But, it works 100%. I used it in my USPc 45 yesterday.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
tqtran said:
iCeMaN said:
And I also despise SIG decockers....I have one :oops:
Which SIG do you have that you have based all your SIG experiance on?
If its a P250 then I would suggest getting a real SIG :-D
If its an Elite model then I'd say you are crazy :p :roll: :lol:
I have a mosquito :oops:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts