FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after going for a few years out of the firearm hobby I have now spent all the money I had saved completely starting over. The last piece of the revised collection is a new Sig 556 SWAT I picked up the day after Thanksgiving. I had originally wanted an FS2000 but the general consensus from my research was that the 556 would basically shoot anything you could fit in the mag while the FS2000 could be a little more finicky. It seems the idea of a Kalashnikov action improved and placed in a Swiss engineered rifle was just more compelling to me than the high tech of the FN Bullpup. The Sig actually reminds me a little of the FAL I had years ago. I haven't shot it yet as I have been spending my ammo money on 5.7 but hope to get some 5.56 soon to try it out.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Congratulations on the new SIG! I put an EOTech 512 sight on mine. :?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Madhouse said:
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but do the SIG rifles take standard AR mags?
Yes they do

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the comments folks. The dealer where I bought it had all the models about a month ago and has sold out of everything except the SWAT and was not to sure how long his stock would last on those. The other dealer I use sold out of the 556 last Tuesday. If I had purchased it a month ago I could have saved myself about $200 but I am not complaining, I am glad I got one before they were all gone.

Madhouse:
They do indeed take standard AR/M16 Mags including the PMAG.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts