FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
PE57 for sure (OK, I already own 3 of them.)

You can get them for around 400$ here, but actually only, because they were issued in the Army anyway, and everyone who left the army, was allowed to keep it for free. It is the same with the SIG 550 these days, but now you have to pay for the modifications, so it never shoots FA again. But still, 80$ for a used SIG 550 isn't that expensive ;-)

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not so lucky on the prices, or availability, in the U.S. But Swiss cheese is inexpensive and plentiful. :-D

By the way, are you attending the big "SIG selloff" in October?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Maybe, I don't know yet. Have been there at the first round, earlier this year, and spent $12'000 already. I really talk myself into missing that one now, hehe :twisted:

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Reaper, let me know if you are going. If so, would like to acquire some AMT/PE57 items (e.g., scope mounts, scopes, etc.) at a reasonable price and can reimburse by International Express Mail. Tony.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Well, Prices won't really be reasonable at the auction, as there will be many buyers, that don't have limits.

In March or April, there will be the "Waffenbörse Luzern" again, which ist the largest Gun Show in Switzerland. Chances are better, to get that stuff there for way more reasonable prices. I can also ask around in the gun shops, cause they always have some stuff there, that they sell for good prices. I could even ask the army, what old stuff they have left.

Just make me a list of the items you need, and I will look around, and tell you, what I can get, and what it would cost. Just remember, that I can't get you main parts without special permissions (Trigger Assembly, Bolt Group, Receiver and Barrel).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just bought a PE57 at Knob Creek. It's been my dream rifle for 20 years. It was NIB from an estate with the sling, 2 mags, cleaning kit and box. I alredy had 7 mags, the bayonet and the cleaning kit. I will shoot it this weekend. My wife had a kitten, but she didn't beat me to death with it.
I wish I could find one of the low capacity magazines to go with the set.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Gopher said:
Just bought a PE57 at Knob Creek. It's been my dream rifle for 20 years. It was NIB from an estate with the sling, 2 mags, cleaning kit and box. I alredy had 7 mags, the bayonet and the cleaning kit. I will shoot it this weekend. My wife had a kitten, but she didn't beat me to death with it.
Post a photo!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Gopher said:
NIB- and you are going to shoot it- NOOOOOOOOOO!!! :cry:

Just kidding, one less new PE57! :?

What is your SN range/importer?

SINCE YOU ARE GOING TO SHOOT, WOULD YOU BE INTERESTED IN SELLING THE CARDBOARD BOX/FOAM INSERT?

Tony

·
Registered
27 Posts
Shipwreck, I would love to post a photo as soon as I figure out the JVC camera my wife bought that's covered with buttons.
Fed Ordance was the importer and serial number is in the high 1600's
I'll keep the box, I believe. I don't abuse my guns but I do shoot them.

At my age, I see more and more estate sales, they all almost have a common fault. The owner didn't leave good records and their families didn't know a lot about what was owned. Guys, take the time to set down at these wonderful computers we have and write a paragraph about each piece in your collection regardless of value. List out accessories, special features, any history and anything else that would help your survisors establish a value. Don't set a value, leave that for a trusted friend or family member to do when it's necessary.
my .02

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gopher said:
Shipwreck, I would love to post a photo as soon as I figure out the JVC camera my wife bought that's covered with buttons.
Fed Ordance was the importer and serial number is in the high 1600's
I'll keep the box, I believe. I don't abuse my guns but I do shoot them.

At my age, I see more and more estate sales, they all almost have a common fault. The owner didn't leave good records and their families didn't know a lot about what was owned. Guys, take the time to set down at these wonderful computers we have and write a paragraph about each piece in your collection regardless of value. List out accessories, special features, any history and anything else that would help your survisors establish a value. Don't set a value, leave that for a trusted friend or family member to do when it's necessary.
my .02
Appreciate the information and response! :?

Totally agree on current valuations of guns, accessories, etc., that are readily accessible by family on one's untimely demise.

Tony

1 - 12 of 12 Posts